Let's see if I can get this to work.
Hey @OD*! You'll like this one. It's a '93 ORM 1991A1 Gov't .45 that the original owner bought new then put it away and never shot it. In 2010 he sent it to Wilson to be worked over, they did a bunch of work, test fired it, sent it back and he put it away again and never shot it. He put it up for trade on the addicts forum last year and I tried to make a deal with him but we couldn't come to terms. Another member traded for it, kept it a month, never shot it, and put it up for sale because he found something he wanted more. Now I'm the third owner, I've had it a few months and I haven't gotten around to shooting it either, been to damn busy. So it's a 27 year old Colt that's only been fired by the factory and Wilson Combat. Hopefully I'll get to it and the others I haven't shot yet soon.
Here's a list of the work done by Wilson and a couple of pics-
- Tighten Slide to frame fit. Very, very tight with no play. Documented on invoice.
- Stipple front strap. Documented on invoice.
- WC three hole long trigger with 3lb trigger job. Documented on invoice.
- WC Target Bushing supplied and fit. Documented on invoice.
- WC extractor supplied, fit, polished, and tuned. Documented on invoice.
- Flush cut and reverse crown factory Colt barrel. Documented on invoice.
- Dehorn, prep, and Armor Tuff complete gun. Black slide, Gray frame, black small parts. Documented on invoice.
- Cut front and rear dovetails in the slide, supply and install gold bead front site, rear black serrated sight.
- Fit and install WC hammer.
- Fit and install Ed Brown thumb safety and contour to frame radius.
- Blend rear of slide and frame.
- Install WC magazine release.
- Polish feed ramp and barrel throat
- Fit and install WC mainspring housing
- Install all WC springs
- Install WC grips
View attachment 347307
View attachment 347306
View attachment 347308
I can tell you this, I'm enamored with my WC Protector Elite!As soon as I get this one into my hands, I’ll post a video clip. But the other treat that should be arriving this month is what I ordered and prepaid last August: a Wilson Combat Carry Comp in 45. My custom “tweaks” added about $1400 to the base price of that item. When it arrives, I’ll post vids too.
For what I spent I’m less than thrilled so far. I had a ton of FTF’s and FTE’s when I first got it. Sent it back to Wilson under warranty and just got it back. She went a full magazine just fine and then I got another failure to feed on the next (2nd) magazine. I videoed that and sent it to Wilson. For the money AND the reputation, I ought to get ZERO malfunctions. I’m going to call tomorrow.I can tell you this, I'm enamored with my WC Protector Elite!