Defensive Carry banner

141 - 160 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanted to post a link to a review I wrote about Can Can Concealment holsters for women. It's a little long to copy and paste here, plus that'd be redundant. But, the review I wrote will eventually die and get buried in DC, so I want women to be able to find it through this thread in the future. Spoiler alert: they're my new favorite holsters. :)
My husband sent me over to this thread. Lots of great information!

I just wanted to comment on the Can Can Hiphugger. I just received mine and am really loving it so far! It is such a comfortable holster and very adjustable. I encourage everyone to check out their options. Website is cancanconcealment.com It's such a great option for me as I'm home with my toddler most of the time and wearing yoga type pants, so I've struggled with a good option for carrying at home. I will definitely be using this one full time though as it is just that comfortable. Helps that it is cute too :) I purchased a size smaller than I needed for my hips and ordered the cell phone pocket extender. This way I can wear it without the extender up higher on my natural waist if needed, and with the extender on my hips. Really can't say enough good things about it!

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Thanks for the link, Cotulip, and the review.

Looks great for jogging - or walking the dogs.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Gun Belts For Women

I was searching for a gun belt and stumbled across this:

Women's Gun Belts

I didn't want a man's belt. I mean, who wants to dress like a man?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Just got back from Phoenix and the Joe Foss Shooting Range in Buckeye for an NRA/The Well Armed Woman Instructor Training course. Fifteen women from around the country (4 from Alaska, 5 from Illinois, 2 from NM, Arizona, Idaho, Washington, PA - and 6 of us were nurses!) came together for a grueling 30 hour course over a three day period.

Shooting qualifications for NRA Instructor Certification required 7 rounds out of 10 in a 2" diameter grouping at 15 feet. I was the only gal with a revolver, my best shooter, a Smith and Wesson 66-2 4" 357 magnum. I practiced for days before the class and experimented with different loads. Found that a 38sp 158gr reload lot that I had were the absolute most accurate for me. Turned out I was right!

I scored 2nd highest in the class of women (1st went to an ex military gal) with 9/10 hitting in a 2" grouping. All the other girls had semi-autos and were pretty intrigued with my Smith and Wesson. I became known over the weekend as the "revolver girl" and taught many of the others the parts and operation of them as they mostly had handled and shot semi-autos.

I am now a Certified NRA and TWAW Basic Pistol and Personal Protection in the Home instructor!!! Whoo hoo!

Group edited.jpg

Joe Foss Shooting Range.jpg

QualifyingShots-2-20-15.jpg

NRA Instructor.gif

·
Super Moderator
19,238 Posts
Just got back from Phoenix and the Joe Foss Shooting Range in Buckeye for an NRA/The Well Armed Woman Instructor Training course. Fifteen women from around the country (4 from Alaska, 5 from Illinois, 2 from NM, Arizona, Idaho, Washington, PA - and 6 of us were nurses!) came together for a grueling 30 hour course over a three day period.

Shooting qualifications for NRA Instructor Certification required 7 rounds out of 10 in a 2" diameter grouping at 15 feet. I was the only gal with a revolver, my best shooter, a Smith and Wesson 66-2 4" 357 magnum. I practiced for days before the class and experimented with different loads. Found that a 38sp 158gr reload lot that I had were the absolute most accurate for me. Turned out I was right!

I scored 2nd highest in the class of women (1st went to an ex military gal) with 9/10 hitting in a 2" grouping. All the other girls had semi-autos and were pretty intrigued with my Smith and Wesson. I became known over the weekend as the "revolver girl" and taught many of the others the parts and operation of them as they mostly had handled and shot semi-autos.

I am now a Certified NRA and TWAW Basic Pistol and Personal Protection in the Home instructor!!! Whoo hoo!

View attachment 107066

View attachment 107067

View attachment 107068

View attachment 107069
Congratulations! Sounds like you earned some well-deserved respect and had a good time doing it. Brava!

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
This video got me to thinking: I wanted to see how many guns I could carry on my body.

In addition, I run a couple miles every day - and my leather holsters just don't cut it.

One day I stumbled across this video:

Safe, Sexy, Secure Concealed Carry Women's Holster - Survival Mom

It made perfect sense to me, so, I ordered this:

Women's Gun Holsters for Hip, Thigh and Waist concealed carry

I also got a couple of ankle holsters

I can carry 5 handguns and 5 knives!! I don't normally carry this many weapons, but it's nice to know that I have that capability if I ever need it.

Also, I don't carry all that when I run. One gun is sufficient.

Appreciate you sharing the video, Aceoky!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I believe I can help with this. I know of a holster called the Guard-Her-Belt-Thigh Holster that works really well.
Here's the link to it: Thigh Holster | Guard-Her Belt | Sticky Holsters

I like Sticky Holsters in general because they don't use any heavy, bulky clips in their holsters so they're really comfortable, especially with a woman's figure! Also, they use your body heat to create a custom fit around your gun. It's worth checking out :smile:

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Hi,

I believe I can help with this. I know of a holster called the Guard-Her-Belt-Thigh Holster that works really well.
Here's the link to it: Thigh Holster | Guard-Her Belt | Sticky Holsters

I like Sticky Holsters in general because they don't use any heavy, bulky clips in their holsters so they're really comfortable, especially with a woman's figure! Also, they use your body heat to create a custom fit around your gun. It's worth checking out :smile:
Hi Holly,

Welcome to Defensive Carry.

And thanks for the link. I'll definitely check it out. I already have two thigh holsters, but it's nice to know what else is out there.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
I think I finally found a good holster for a full size gun.

I needed a holster for my FN 5.7 and my options were limited.

I love this gun, but carrying concealed is tricky since I'm not very big.

And, I REFUSE to wear baggy clothes.

I found this SOB waistband holster and I'm totally digging it.

http://www.wrbholsters.com/waistband-holsters.html

·
Premium Member
1,103 Posts
I think I finally found a good holster for a full size gun.

I needed a holster for my FN 5.7 and my options were limited.

I love this gun, but carrying concealed is tricky since I'm not very big.

And, I REFUSE to wear baggy clothes.

I found this SOB waistband holster and I'm totally digging it.

WRB | Waistband Holsters
I just ordered a 5" belly band from TWAW. I have a 4" that I use quite a bit. These are are a great solution to a lot of wardrobe issues.

I bought my latest w/ the Mom's Day coupon, but I appreciate the link, because the wrb looks like a strong design for a bit less $. Thanks.

Side note: I love how wrb, link you provided, states "gun & ammo not included." Ha! Makes me wonder if someone has honestly thought a gun comes w/ a $34 holster band?

141 - 160 of 197 Posts