Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 418 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is for discussing Folding Blades only.

If you are looking for a folding blade for defensive carry, this is the thread for you.

If you want to look at pictures of folding blades, this is the thread for you.

If you want to discuss various aspects of folding blades, this is the thread for you.

If you want to discuss how to carry a folding blade, this is the thread for you.

If you want to discuss fixed blades, this is not the thread for you.:wink: See this thread: http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/defensive-knives-other-weapons/205430-official-fixed-blade-knife-thread.html

Here is a picture to get us started…

·
Premium Member
5,462 Posts
I carry one of these. Not derail the thread on one of the first responses, but I am a firm believer that size matters a great deal when using a knife for defense.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I carry a fixed or my Kershaw Leek EDC......

Reactions: 1MoreGoodGuy

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Benchmade Triage (posted in my OP) replaced my Kershaw Blur (pictured below) as my daily carry.

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I carry one of these. Not derail the thread on one of the first responses, but I am a firm believer that size matters a great deal when using a knife for defense.

Stoutness also matters. How thick is that blade?

Reactions: BamaT

·
Premium Member
10,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
754 Posts
I either carry a Spyderco Ambitious or Tenacious every day. I like the Ambitious because nobody even blinks when I pull it out to do a task, while the other one might get a few glances. I carry for utility over defense, although backed into a corner I'd do what I could.

·
Banned
1,797 Posts
My dear Friend 1moregoodguy has gone OFFICIALLY OFFICIAL,,, Oh my Goodness!!!
We must derive a plan to rescue my Friend 1moregoodguy from the grip of the Official
mind control Official Thread Alien invasion attack.. It is not too late my Friends,,
We still have time to reverse the Official Alien mind hold..
My Friend 1moregoodguy,, I know it wont be easy as they have your mind under their control
but you need to stay put and listen to Allman Brother Music NOW!! the Official mind control Aliens
Hate Allman Brothers Music... Sit Tight My Friend We are Coming to Rescue you!!

·
Premium Member
1,510 Posts
I'm looking for an EDC folding knife. I want left hand (my off hand) tip up pocket carry. It will be more for utility use, but be useful in a bad situation, so I would rather have a partially serrated blade around 4" long. There's no way I can spend $100 on it, so the Benchmarks, Spyderco and Emersons are out of the question.

I found this at Midway: Browning Black Label Stone Cold Folding Tactical Knife 3.75 Partially

I also found this, but it doesn't have the serrated blade: Kershaw Emerson CQC-8K Folding Knife 3.5 Tanto 8Cr13 Black SS Blade

What are you're thoughts? Is the serrated blade that important? I have large hands, so a the bigger the knife, the better.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: 1MoreGoodGuy
1 - 20 of 418 Posts