Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to start this thread so that we can see those HK's in action at the range. All other pistols brand reports are welcome!

I took my CCW piece....the HK USP Compact .45 to the range today. I always aim and attempt to place my shots specifically in the heart region to simulate "stopping the threat". I ran 100 rds at 12, 20 and 25 feet through this one target today.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Big HK fan here. Carried a P2000sk for many years. I've only saved a couple targets to photograph over the years. Two involved HKs. Some people pan the HK triggers but IMHO they work very well when you practice good basic trigger skills.

The best group I ever shot, outside of .22 target action, was this one using the USP Elite .45. Best group on the day I sighted it in. 5 shots at somewhere between 12 and 25 yards. The Elite is a great pistol, hand fitted, smooth trigger and good sights. Ammo was Blaser Brass. Couldn't do that today if I had to.

I don't recall why I kept this target of one of my P7 outtings but I do remember that it is about 50 rounds or so as I had then either 6 or 8 mags. The P7 is pretty accurate too. I'm guessing this was at 7 or 8 yards.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Big HK fan here. Carried a P2000sk for many years. I've only saved a couple targets to photograph over the years. Two involved HKs. Some people pan the HK triggers but IMHO they work very well when you practice good basic trigger skills.

The best group I ever shot, outside of .22 target action, was this one using the USP Elite .45. Best group on the day I sighted it in. 5 shots at somewhere between 12 and 25 yards. The Elite is a great pistol, hand fitted, smooth trigger and good sights. Ammo was Blaser Brass. Couldn't do that today if I had to.

I don't recall why I kept this target of one of my P7 outtings but I do remember that it is about 50 rounds or so as I had then either 6 or 8 mags. The P7 is pretty accurate too. I'm guessing this was at 7 or 8 yards.
Awesome shot placements bro! And I agree with you about the HK triggers. They are fine to me as well.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
100 rounds ??? Wow...you missed paper on quite a few..:image035:

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took my HK USP9c to the range and my target looked pretty much like my original one here I posted about my USP45c. Sorry no pictures cause I was caught up in the excitement of having both my wife and daughter shooting with me. Maybe next time!

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Rarely do I shoot paper, and even more rarely do I shoot groups. I've got some kind of AADD going on and square ranges and putting holes in paper bores me to tears. About 90% of my shooting is on steel and normally doing drills. Here's some TGTss shot with HKs:

HK P2000 357Sig practicing fail to stop drills at 7 yards (note at 5yards the 357SIG will dent 3/8ths AR500):

HK45T at 25 yards (screwing around):

HK P30L on a lateral mover (powered by a 13 year old), it's mostly used for Tueller Drills, but I set it up with a couple pulleys to run across my range:

Me with P30L "slicing the pie":

I'm heading back out tonight to work some El Presidentes on 8" plates and maybe I'll shoot a paper target just to say I got a group.

Chuck

·
Registered
16,094 Posts
Shooting paper doesn't bore me. It frustrates me :yup:
I really need to set up some steel one of these days. A simple dueling tree would do it.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Shooting paper doesn't bore me. It frustrates me :yup:
I really need to set up some steel one of these days. A simple dueling tree would do it.
Steel for speed, paper for accuracy.........

Although I find that IF I use small enough steel I can get both out of it. This drill for example:

Run like an "El Presidente" with the 1st plate at 7 yards is pretty challenging and tends to keep me from getting sloppy.

Haven't gotten a dueling tree (yet) when we go "mano E mano" it's on AR500 bowling pins:

I strongly suggest doing something like this as it induces some stress/pressure that a lot of shooters don't get. I've run similar in defensive pistol classes and never understood the benefit until I got to watch ordinarily good shooters go to chit, just because they were shoot against someone. The harder they tried the worse it got, and as is often said; "you can't miss fast enough".

Chuck

·
Registered
321 Posts
I wanted to start this thread so that we can see those HK's in action at the range. All other pistols brand reports are welcome!

I took my CCW piece....the HK USP Compact .45 to the range today. I always aim and attempt to place my shots specifically in the heart region to simulate "stopping the threat". I ran 100 rds at 12, 20 and 25 feet through this one target today.

I would say you succeeded.. Nice shooting..

Reactions: Militant
1 - 14 of 14 Posts