Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 475 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought of this the other day as I was at a restaurant using the urinal. It's a really bad situation as your back is turned away from the door, or what's behind you, not bragging hear, but your hands are taking care of business, and you're in a really precarious position with "it" hanging out. After analyzing this situations, I've started using stalls w/doors, locking them, and staying observant to anyone in the restroom or coming in.

·
Super Moderator
50,574 Posts
Perhaps peepers will be pooping their pants if peeping into private and personal places and perhaps their pupils focus upon the front sights of a custom .45?:blink:

I'm just sayin'...:yup:

I seldom use public restrooms, but if it's a must, I try to get or wait for the handicapped stall, and my sidearm is in waiting. I am aware of who enters and leaves.

Stay armed...even when doing improtant 'paperwork'...stay safe!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I've always considered a public urinal to be a perfect place to get easily disarmed. You can't really see behind you, your hand(s) are probably in front of you, and it wouldn't be hard for someone to grab your weapon from you if they noticed somehow you were carrying (maybe an accidental print).

·
Registered
651 Posts
I try to keep aware of my surroundings and having more holding power with my left hand in case I need to use my right hand to draw.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I always take note of my surroundings before even going in a restroom and if I'm in a large venue, say a sporting event, I will wait for a stall and lock it while I'm doing my thing.

More importantly for me, since I can't be in there with her, I am concerned about my wife using the bathroom. I always stay right outside the door with an ear very closely attuned to the sound of her voice, should it rise.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
I'm handicapped and I always use a stall,there have been several robberies and stabbings committed in restrooms

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Perhaps peepers will be pooping their pants if peeping into private and personal places and perhaps their pupils focus upon the front sights of a custom .45?:blink:

I'm just sayin'...:yup:

I seldom use public restrooms, but if it's a must, I try to get or wait for the handicapped stall, and my sidearm is in waiting. I am aware of who enters and leaves.

Stay armed...even when doing improtant 'paperwork'...stay safe!
I would like to here you say that five time fast. :hand5:

Restrooms are the perfect place to run into trouble. Usually one manner of egress, close quarters and everyone is preoccupied. Not to mention most people have some apprehension to using a public restroom to begin with.

Weather in a stall or not I am aware of everyone entering and leaving, as they say, I don't want to get caught with my pants down. :embarassed:

·
Registered
563 Posts
It all goes back to situational awareness.
If I can't use peripheral vision, or can't use the reflections in glass covered pictures or certain chrome fixtures, I look for a stall with door.

I don't like people walking around behind me while I am otherwise preoccupied.

And, If the pooper peepers come by, my preoccupation with them will be peaked, causing me to pee on my pistol as I pull it for presentation.
Top that Ret.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
I use a stall, and did long before I started carrying.

Another option would be to do what an older man did last year in Frisco, TX when he was assaulted in a bathroom. He beat the ever lovin' :banned: out of the knucklehead that tried to mug him, with his walking cane :twak:. I wish I could find the article and post it, I'll do that if I find it later.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
My Dad was mugged while he stood at a urinal in the restroom at a very nice hotel in the early 1980's. The mugger took his gold watch and wallet and the cash he had in his front right pocket. My father was armed with a S&W .38 in an Alessi ankle holster and was caught completly off guard. My Dad was unhurt and the robber was never caught.

It just goes to show how vulnerable we are when we are in a public restroom either with your pants down or using the urinal. :frown:

1 - 20 of 475 Posts