Defensive Carry banner

441 - 460 of 475 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
I never use them I always pee on a fire hydrant. If none are available or use the left front tire of the first car I find. Sometimes a tree or bush. If anyone says anything I simply say just marking my territory.
Seriously folks if every time you go to the restroom you're in fear for your physical safety maybe y'all need to reevaluate The places you're frequenting and the tongue I'm your frequenting them. I can't think of any reason to be out and having to use a restroom at 4:30 in the morning unless prosody traveling on the highway's. If I find myself in a situation like that using a rest stop yes I would use a stall and I would be very aware of my surroundings. First rule of situational awareness is don't frequent high-risk places. In the event of that rare unforeseen situation arises I do what everyone should do follow those three basic rules observe, evaluate, and respond accordingly .

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
Saw this sign a couple years ago in northern Japan near Misawa. The guys I was traveling with also modeled the poses right next to the sign, but I'll spare you the ugly mugs. Apparently bathroom crimes aren't limited to 'Murica.

IMG_4004.JPG

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I try to find a convenient bush first. Never did like public restrooms, always seems
like that's where all the d**ks hang out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have to say there are times like this I am glad I am a woman and don't need to worry about taking care of business in the open! I alway make aware of my surrounding and look to see who is behind me entering a public restroom. If the family restroom is available I always go in there first (thruway rest stops or stores).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Rest Stops are particularly risky places.

Back in 1997 or so, thugs accosted, robbed and then killed (shot) man in northbound side rest stop restroom, just south of dale city and Potomac Mills. Wife sent someone in to check on him after 20 or 30 minutes, IIRC.

take care in all restrooms, but especially rest stops.

RusherJim via Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was with the immigration service a long time ago. Used to carry handcuffs tucked into the back of my pants couldn't keep track of the number of times they ended up in the drink.?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Well today I just about died of embarrassment gave us all a bad name and scared somebody off from the public bathroom at my work in one fell swoop.

Now I am always careful in the bathroom. I always use the stall and this bathroom only has one. I am allowed to carry at work but this bathroom is shared with other business in the building. I carry appendix and I hold onto the grip and holster while dropping trow to maintain control and can rest the pistol still in holster and attached to my belt on top of my pants. This used to be easier before I moved to AIWB carry. This time a second of inattention as I put my phone in my pocket caused the holster to flip upside down as I was sitting and spill my G26 onto the floor which promptly slid out under the door. I cursed and opened the door so I could snatch it up with my pants half down only to see that person who had walked in behind me had not proceeded to the urinal but was leaning on the wall waiting for the one stall. I quickly grabbed the grip and pulled the gun inside so I could retreat in my embarrassment to the stall. Said person quickly exited the bathroom. I can only guess he decided he needed to be elsewhere or else he didn't need the stall as much as he needed a new pair of pants.

I share so everyone can learn by my emBARE-ASSment to always be vigilant. No was ever in any danger except me died of embarrassment but all the same. This is and easy thing to happen. I was using a RawDogTactical AIWB holster but this is not the holsters fault as I knew would not retain well when not belted on in an upside down position. I do think that it could be improved though as there is no intend in the kydex around the ejection port at all. I think this would give it just a enough more retention to keep it in upside down. I guess it's time order that new 3/4 clamshell AIWB from Black Arch.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree with some of the comments above. It's better to piss like a woman and be able to see what might be approaching. Especially if you are carrying in a shoulder holster.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Well today I just about died of embarrassment gave us all a bad name and scared somebody off from the public bathroom at my work in one fell swoop.

Now I am always careful in the bathroom. I always use the stall and this bathroom only has one. I am allowed to carry at work but this bathroom is shared with other business in the building. I carry appendix and I hold onto the grip and holster while dropping trow to maintain control and can rest the pistol still in holster and attached to my belt on top of my pants. This used to be easier before I moved to AIWB carry. This time a second of inattention as I put my phone in my pocket caused the holster to flip upside down as I was sitting and spill my G26 onto the floor which promptly slid out under the door. I cursed and opened the door so I could snatch it up with my pants half down only to see that person who had walked in behind me had not proceeded to the urinal but was leaning on the wall waiting for the one stall. I quickly grabbed the grip and pulled the gun inside so I could retreat in my embarrassment to the stall. Said person quickly exited the bathroom. I can only guess he decided he needed to be elsewhere or else he didn't need the stall as much as he needed a new pair of pants.

I share so everyone can learn by my emBARE-ASSment to always be vigilant. No was ever in any danger except me died of embarrassment but all the same. This is and easy thing to happen. I was using a RawDogTactical AIWB holster but this is not the holsters fault as I knew would not retain well when not belted on in an upside down position. I do think that it could be improved though as there is no intend in the kydex around the ejection port at all. I think this would give it just a enough more retention to keep it in upside down. I guess it's time order that new 3/4 clamshell AIWB from Black Arch.
I know it's early, but this ^^ takes care of my daily humor. Had me rollin!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Well generally when I hit the head I don't wear ear plugs so I can hear if someone goes in the door. And if they do go in I turn my head and watch them with my peripherals. I don't see how the restroom situation would be any different then walking around anywhere else. You never have a 360° view all you can do is keep situational awareness in any environment. I understand using the pisser makes someone more vulnerable but if you feel you can't handle the situation use a stall. I don't feel that way so I'll use the urinal and feel comfortable as long as there's not a creep trying to sneak glances haha. Seriously though I don't see that as an actual problem. Is it possible? Of course but it's also possible that we are in a coma right now and dreaming this and that guns don't even exist. The better question is what is the probability of something happening? Not too high unless you frequent shady establishments. Even so if you can't feel someone approaching and react then you probably shouldn't be carrying anyways

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Whenever I use the restroom (depending on the bathroom layout), I attempt to use the last urinal near the toilet because it gives me a better overall view of who is coming into the restroom. If that makes sense?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Cant say that there aren't places where a higher level of alertness is a necessity...But the tactical advantage or disadvantage of what urinal to use isn't something that I find worthy of my consideration, 99.9% of the time...

However, I would think that being boxed in a stall (with no way to move or escape) would put you at the greatest risk of being a victim

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

·
Banned
5,322 Posts
Hello D_Fin, guess we have something in common. I did the holster flip a few years ago in a restaurant restroom stall, resulting in my P239 skittering across the tile. Fortunately, no one else was in the restroom at the time or as I crab-walked (on all fours) out of the stall to retrieve my weapon. It's a lesson I will never forget.

441 - 460 of 475 Posts