Defensive Carry banner

461 - 475 of 475 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
The news reporter on the vid said that the police said the officer that left the loaded gun in the high school "his actions were NOT reckless".
I wonder what it was, if "not reckless".

If I left a loaded or unloaded gun in a restroom I would consider myself as being reckless.
Probably along with a nice heavy citation as well.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
When traveling, I will not use rest stop bathrooms at night, instead I will pull up to where no one can see me and do my business beside the truck. During the day, if it is a busy rest stop, I will use the bathroom and wait for a stall if I can, else I will use a urinal with my knife in hand and blade not opened. If done right, no one can see it and can be used quickly if needed. When I'm out and about doing my normal weekend shopping, I don't really worry to much about using a urinal, but I do try to get the furthest from the door.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
The news reporter on the vid said that the police said the officer that left the loaded gun in the high school "his actions were NOT reckless".
I wonder what it was, if "not reckless".

If I left a loaded or unloaded gun in a restroom I would consider myself as being reckless.
Nah, there's no double standard:

Man Charged After Trooper Leaves Gun In Bathroom

A man who found a state trooper’s handgun in a northern Michigan grocery store bathroom has been charged with failing to report the weapon. But the trooper who left the loaded firearm behind wasn’t punished.
Forgetful Gun Owner Leaves Handgun On Bathroom Sink In Pizza Shop, Handed Misdemeanor Charge
Martin has a valid concealed carry permit in the state of Michigan, and was hit with a misdemeanor charge of reckless use of a firearm.
Prescott Valley police chief's gun missing after he left it in library bathroom
[He] apparently didn't realize the firearm was missing until four days later . . .

·
Registered
27 Posts
If going to the restroom is to much of a concern, why not start wearing diapers?
I understand that some bathrooms can be sketchy, but really? taking a handy cap stall not being a handy cap and just because I'm afraid of being attacked at Best buy or Hobby lobby restrooms?
I think there is more chances to get a disease from the toilets than begin attacked by some one else.

·
Registered
687 Posts
rodgersfam1980, I am amazed at the number of rest stop bathrooms that are posted as gun free. Of all the places where you might need a weapon they have to be near the top of the list.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Paranoia, insecurity, and over-thinking.
I'm nearly 60 years old, and a truck driver.
I've done my business in elegant facilities to out in nature.
I have never been in fear of my safety using a public restroom. Disgusted, yes, but never fearful.
If it's a sketchy location and others are acting hinky they get the 'don't F with me' scowl and their attention diverts elswhere.
Using a urinal us no issue for me when carrying. Fly is unzipped and firearm stays in usual place.
When business requires paperwork and I'm in a stall, the firearm is still in holster, attached to belt, IWB, next to my right knee. Maybe no issue because I carry at 2:30. The times I use the Remora, holstered weapon is placed on TP holder.
I will admit that I have 'pee'formance issues using a trough urinal at the same time as others.
But I do find myself using stalls more frequently. The older I get, the less i trust my farts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
Paranoia, insecurity, and over-thinking.
I'm nearly 60 years old, and a truck driver.
I've done my business in elegant facilities to out in nature.
I have never been in fear of my safety using a public restroom. Disgusted, yes, but never fearful.
If it's a sketchy location and others are acting hinky they get the 'don't F with me' scowl and their attention diverts elswhere.
Using a urinal us no issue for me when carrying. Fly is unzipped and firearm stays in usual place.
When business requires paperwork and I'm in a stall, the firearm is still in holster, attached to belt, IWB, next to my right knee. Maybe no issue because I carry at 2:30. The times I use the Remora, holstered weapon is placed on TP holder.
I will admit that I have 'pee'formance issues using a trough urinal at the same time as others.
But I do find myself using stalls more frequently. The older I get, the less i trust my farts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Well, somebody gotta speak the truth.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm 66 years old and a trucker as well, and I learned a lesson several years ago about using the facilities while carrying the hard way (well almost)...
Unbuckle, unzip, bend over, oops, J frame falls out of holster and lands hammer first on tile floor!
As it hits the floor I can clearly see the jhp at the bottom of the barrel. Fortunately, the only lasting damage was to the hammer spur which is now 1/8" shorter. I did however need to use some extra TP for clean up.

·
Registered
Various
15,552 Posts
There was a group of us sailors in Charleston, South Carolina going to school in Norfolk, Virginia. We carpooled together going home on weekends. The guy driving stopped at a truck stop somewhere in North Carolina for gas and coffee. I woke up in the back seat and went into the bathroom. As I was setting there, I heard female voices and high heels clicking on the floor. I raised my feet above the stall walls and stayed quite until they left and I snuck out. Oops!

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
There was a group of us sailors in Charleston, South Carolina going to school in Norfolk, Virginia. We carpooled together going home on weekends. The guy driving stopped at a truck stop somewhere in North Carolina for gas and coffee. I woke up in the back seat and went into the bathroom. As I was setting there, I heard female voices and high heels clicking on the floor. I raised my feet above the stall walls and stayed quite until they left and I snuck out. Oops!
Gender fluidity issues back then?

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
And now, for how to poop in the woods....

[video]https://www.facebook.com/studentofthegun/videos/2058429964245993/[/video]

·
Banned
441 Posts
I'm 66 years old and a trucker as well, and I learned a lesson several years ago about using the facilities while carrying the hard way (well almost)...
Unbuckle, unzip, bend over, oops, J frame falls out of holster and lands hammer first on tile floor!
As it hits the floor I can clearly see the jhp at the bottom of the barrel. Fortunately, the only lasting damage was to the hammer spur which is now 1/8" shorter. I did however need to use some extra TP for clean up.
Good thing your pants were already down!

Reactions: rodgersfam1980
461 - 475 of 475 Posts