Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,377 Posts
Wonder where they got the order to do that?
Did the mayor get a call from old George Soros?
Then I guess he told the police chief that it would help keep the peace.
After all we can’t have videos of citizens shooting looters it will inflame them.
And we all know that we can do anything we want to the gun owners they will just b..ch moan and complain and not much else

·
Premium Member
4,357 Posts
Get a lawyer. Sue for millions. $100 million should get their attention. Sue the Mayor and elected officials too.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Embarrassing , the video explains much about what I have viewed on the news the past few days

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hope I will not rub too many folks the wrong way but I can see this from both sides. At some point 2A rights and especially open carry come into conflict with brandishing your weapon and intimidation. The answers like the law are certainly not very clear. For me I find it is usually best to exercise restraint and at times like this BE PREPARED but not antagonizing. Concealed carry does have its advantages. As post under a different thread it went something like: "sitting on the porch with my Garand behind the rocking chair and my pistol on my hip. Spare magazines on the table." That is another example of how I would exercise my 2A rights over open carry.

·
Super Moderator
18,262 Posts
If the law-abiding are bearing them appropriately then this is sorry.

I gotta know. Is there anyone besides me that is annoyed with seeing all these "happenings" in the news, with a veritable army of nitwits and hangers-on recording it on devices?

That's one indication that the "happening" going down is contrived, the relative number of people seen within a clip blatantly recording it for posterity.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Law-abiders are much easier to arrest...
If the time comes that an officer decides to arrest me I plan on submitting completely and following every order I am given. The place for argument is the courthouse, not on the street.

24 years as a cop, I probably hooked up a thousand or more. No way will I make the same mistakes I saw so many times.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
...meanwhile the city burns and looters loot the neighborhood shops.

The guy filming is correct...get a lawyer and sue for violation of rights.
Assuming they were legally carrying their weapons, suing really accomplished nothing to address the problem. At most, the taxpayers will pay a settlement. But, more likely than not, the case would get tossed due to qualified immunity and none of the officers would face discipline. Unless there was exactly a prior case at the federal level that found that officers cannot arrest and confiscate weapons from people that are legally carrying, qualified immunity will protect them. The Supreme Court is currently reviewing a number of cases where QA was used and will determine if they will hear one of those.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
I hope it's really not just going after citizens trying to protect themselves and ignoring rioters - that's a legal and a tactical mistake.

·
Registered
59 Posts
My career has had me on temporary assignment anywhere from a few weeks to up to six months. Canada, St. Thomas VI,TX, MN, CA,TN, GA, NY MA and on. I have lived among people that grew up with guns and those that never saw a weapon fire in their entire life. I have no issue with complete open carry in places like TX, TN and GA where nearly everyone grew up being taught about firearms. In places like CA and NY people run scared just at the talk of a gun and actual open carry is a call for panic on their part. They see a real gun in public and panic ensues. So yes I can see this issue from both sides and a lot of it depends on where you are when this is happening. When people are trying to protest and there are agitators among them the police have a duty to do what they feel will keep things from escalating. I feel, and I hope I am right, that charges will be dropped and weapons returned. Their goal was likely to remove the open carry from street to prevent crowd over reaction and photo ops being miss captioned.

·
Registered
8,963 Posts
My career has had me on temporary assignment anywhere from a few weeks to up to six months. Canada, St. Thomas VI,TX, MN, CA,TN, GA, NY MA and on. I have lived among people that grew up with guns and those that never saw a weapon fire in their entire life. I have no issue with complete open carry in places like TX, TN and GA where nearly everyone grew up being taught about firearms. In places like CA and NY people run scared just at the talk of a gun and actual open carry is a call for panic on their part. They see a real gun in public and panic ensues. So yes I can see this issue from both sides and a lot of it depends on where you are when this is happening. When people are trying to protest and there are agitators among them the police have a duty to do what they feel will keep things from escalating. I feel, and I hope I am right, that charges will be dropped and weapons returned. Their goal was likely to remove the open carry from street to prevent crowd over reaction and photo ops being miss captioned.
We also can open carry here in Arizona.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts