Defensive Carry banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,812 Posts
I hope it's really not just going after citizens trying to protect themselves and ignoring rioters - that's a legal and a tactical mistake.
Do you think the the DFL Revolution cares about legality?

Reactions: Sister

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well you might wish to look at it this way.

Uniformed police carry openly as a matter of policy, which they receive from us. It is not their right to do this when in the performance of their duties but comes under the authority to do this which is granted by We the People. The People, on the other hand, do have a right to carry, openly or concealed, (many states abuse this right via permitting). So if police can carry openly then why not the People, when it is our right in the first place?

The detention and confiscation of the arms of these people is a clear violation of the law and of the oaths of service taken by those police officers. Unconscionable and outright sickening behavior by public servants.
all this is true but I sometimes like to take a step back and look at things from a higher viewpoint. In the middle of a riot or large protest it is also the LE responsible to keep things from escalating. If the protesters see armed people they might react by escalation the situation. So for ME, concealed carry makes more sense in this situation. Another forum member recently posted "just because you CAN dance in the mine field does not mean it is a good idea". I am prepared and ready and conceal carrying! Legal vs illegal is not always as black and white as we would like it to be.
The old adage of the punishment should match the crime also comes to mind. It is JUST as illegal to rob a bank as it is rob the local grocer of a jar of baby food to feed you infant. Should both offenders get the same sentence when convicted? Life is way too complicated to be run by a black and white set of rules.

·
Registered
12,739 Posts
all this is true but I sometimes like to take a step back and look at things from a higher viewpoint. In the middle of a riot or large protest it is also the LE responsible to keep things from escalating. If the protesters see armed people they might react by escalation the situation. So for ME, concealed carry makes more sense in this situation. Another forum member recently posted "just because you CAN dance in the mine field does not mean it is a good idea". I am prepared and ready and conceal carrying! Legal vs illegal is not always as black and white as we would like it to be.
The old adage of the punishment should match the crime also comes to mind. It is JUST as illegal to rob a bank as it is rob the local grocer of a jar of baby food to feed you infant. Should both offenders get the same sentence when convicted? Life is way too complicated to be run by a black and white set of rules.
History has shown that to be false. They usually move on.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
It's obvious from the video that those who chant "....from my cold dead hands." don't really mean it. I didn't hear any such chants in the video but maybe you got my point. I wonder if they'll get their weapons back and without having to pay a storage fee.......
The place to fight your arrest isn't on the street, you'll lose badly every time. Be compliant, follow instructions, then hire the biggest ******* of a lawyer you can find and fight it in court. Use of discretion in a particular situation doesn't diminish anyone's support of or belief in the second amendment and their rights.

Reactions: retired badge 1

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
They are licensed CC permit holders. They met the criteria to be legally armed where they were. They broke no laws, and were compliant with the orders being given by the officers despite their orders not being lawful.

Remember, the anarchists were rampaging around as this video was taken. The police were harassing these men trying to protect the businesses that some of them either worked at or owned. Instead of dealing with criminals engaging in open outright illegal acts.
It's always easier to hassle and arrest the law abiding people than the actual criminals.

Why do you think they keep thinking up more gun restrictions?

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Having OC'd on a regular basis for 7 1/2 years (2007 to 2015), I no longer do this except when in a vehicle. I prefer to conceal my sidearm on all other occasions. Now exceptions can be made under certain extreme conditions but I would take any decisions like that on a case by case basis. In my post I was merely outlining rights and rights abused. Otherwise I tend to be with you in your response. Still I have to say that I fully and completely support both modes of carry by private citizens.

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,981 Posts

·
Registered
3,261 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Can someone answer me this? Would a municipality or county be able to "Turn Off" internet service to the rioters using their phones on twitter, facebook etc. so they won't be able to coordinate the attacks

·
Registered
360 Posts
Can someone answer me this? Would a municipality or county be able to "Turn Off" internet service to the rioters using their phones on twitter, facebook etc. so they won't be able to coordinate the attacks
The technical means is there. The problem is a blanket outage would affect all people in the area and that would hurt people that rely on the internet for business, personal use, emergencies, finance.

I highly doubt it would be approved by a court order. It is hard enough to get one cell phone tower "turned" off to spoof a bad guys cell phone.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
@MPGunther the means to do so is not only available, many larger PDs have cell phone jammers. They have been available for close to 25 years now for the general public. Those are short range ones, the police and military have more sophisticated ones with greater range. PDs tend to use them for hostage situations.

·
Registered
622 Posts
So it looks like we're seeing a repeat of what we saw down in New Orleans after Katrina. When will people ever learn? Enough is enough. Never again.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
The problem is that law abiders all too often don't get lawyers and strike back when they should, in a way that they should.
The average law-abiding citizen cannot afford the tens of thousands or even hundreds of thousands of dollars it costs for such a suit with no guarantee of a favorable outcome.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Just went to the tire store, lunch (IHOP), & Home Depot.
Total open carriers that I noticed was 13, including my Wife. I was carrying concealed and I bet a bunch of others were too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

41 - 57 of 57 Posts