Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Not sure it's a good idea to race out and buy guns that won't be available next year.

A couple years down the road these guns may be banned altogether and then you will end up with something you can't sell and have to turn in.

Everyone who owns a high cap magazine is breaking the law after January 1. You can't sell them, and you can't possess them in this state.

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
Not sure it's a good idea to race out and buy guns that won't be available next year.

A couple years down the road these guns may be banned altogether and then you will end up with something you can't sell and have to turn in.

Every now who owns a high cap magazine is breaking the law after January 1. You can't sell them, and you can't possess them in this state.
I thought selling out of state was still a option?

·
Registered
14,261 Posts
Just not to Montana, they have taken over enough of the state already.
Same here but they only last one winter (North Dakota).
I remember one winter about 20 years ago running into some Californians in Wesby, Montana.... A foot of snow -20 and they were wearing birkenstocks with no socks.....

·
Registered
631 Posts
Same here but they only last one winter (North Dakota).
I remember one winter about 20 years ago running into some Californians in Wesby, Montana.... A foot of snow -20 and they were wearing birkenstocks with no socks.....
The Walmart parking lot is always packed full of carnies/hippies ready to head south end of September early October and beat the snow. I always want to call my friends in Pocatello, Idaho to give them a fair warning. My guess is they break down in Butte, never leave and integrate with the trailer parks.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
(Californian here)
No sale of "assault weapons" after Jan 1st.
One year grace period to register "assault weapons", remove from the State, or convert to "featureless".
The evil features are:
- flash hider
- pistol grip
- movable stock.
Rimfire is not an "assault weapon".

Magazines that hold more thanks 10-round must be permanently blocked to 10 rounds, removed from the State, turned in to LEO, or destroyed by July 1, 2017.

Here's my featureless center-fire

And my .22lr

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
36,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
(Californian here)
No sale of "assault weapons" after Jan 1st.
One year grace period to register "assault weapons", remove from the State, or convert to "featureless".
The evil features are:
- flash hider
- pistol grip
- movable stock.
Rimfire is not an "assault weapon".

Magazines that hold more thanks 10-round must be permanently blocked to 10 rounds, removed from the State, turned in to LEO, or destroyed by July 1, 2017.

Here's my featureless center-fire
Wow.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
"The state Legislature approved the new gun control measures this year in response to mass shootings around the nation.

The new law was also in response to a terrorist shooting in San Bernardino last year in which weapons, including AR-15 rifles, were used to kill 14 people at a holiday party.

Starting Jan. 1, the general public in California can no longer buy semiautomatic rifles equipped with bullet-buttons that allow for the quick removal and replacement of ammunition magazines."

Yes Californian's, we the State Officials of this fine State want you to know that we are doing everything in our power to protect the criminals of this fine Nation by regulating & restricting your ability to defend yourselves from all criminals. This we do because you have earned it as hard working law abiding citizenz of California by voting us into office. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
Just not to Montana, they have taken over enough of the state already.
Don't need those Political Correct huffers in Texas either & damn sure do not need any of the Koolaid they slurp up either.
Rumor has it they are buying up Texas property like China bought up the United States. Very worrisome.

Reactions: Stevew and Bad Bob

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
As goofy as it looks, it has grown on me.
It mounts like my shotgun or other rifle and is just as accurate as the conventional AR design.
Not saying that I won't change it when we move to AZ next year.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
So are y'all allowed to own the M1A from Springfield Armory? It seems like it would fit the criteria and be a whole lot less ugly! Not trying to be contrary, but I can't believe that a government would make a person "frankenstein" a gun like that. It reminds me of the Simpsons episode when they let Homer design a car.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
I think there is a bill to ban all California's from moving here, unless they can show they didn't vote for Hlllary or Obama. LOL

I think for every law created, they should have to delete two. California politicians, think they want to be the "example" to the country ..... and they are ..... everyone tells people around here, "if you are that stupid, maybe you should move to California". (truly is the joke around here).

Oh my ..... 40 + yrs ago there was a mayor here that got a 5 day waiting period law passed.. to stop folks from running down and buying a gun and committing suicide. Ironically ... no on ever did that. The moment she was no longer mayor, they repealed the law ............. as the dumbest thing that had ever been passed by anyone.

If California would go to a electoral system for each county .... they would have a Republican Governor and Legislature. Looking at the map, about 2/3rds of the county's in California, went for Trump, ..... but with LA , San Fransisco and San Diego .... voting for Hillary. So, the large cities are controlling the State. No one else there seems to count.

Reactions: rcsoftexas

·
Super Moderator
18,045 Posts
I was stationed in California from 1975 to 1984 during the first period like now they did not have a Governor, I thought the laws were excessive but I would never guessed they could be worse. I have been proven wrong.

The new law was also in response to a terrorist shooting in San Bernardino last year in which weapons, including AR-15 rifles, were used to kill 14 people at a holiday party.
And for the politically stupid (correct) it was a CHRISTMAS party.

·
Banned
240 Posts

·
Banned
240 Posts
That state never ceases to amaze me.
I was taught in grade school that California was going to fall into the ocean some day....some of us are patiently waiting for this to happen.
Unfortunatrly I think this has turned into an urban legend.

Reactions: rcsoftexas
1 - 20 of 48 Posts