Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It's hard to jump on the BLM bandwagon when decades of policy has been aimed at restricting gun ownership.

"For decades, gun-control advocates promoted greater police power as well as known practices of institutional racism within police firearms-licensing divisions. Now that there are calls to “defund the police,” many leaders of the gun-control lobby, who are mostly white, should rightly fear that their history of siding with the police and promoting policies now deemed racist by progressives may make them the next casualty of cancel culture."

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
It is an interesting premise and logical. But the white left is very good at deflecting the blame for its past sins onto the right. If black people fully understood the truth about the history of the Democratic party, I doubt they would ever get another black vote, and for a lot more reasons than gun control.

It's worth remembering MLK was a Republican and applied for a CC permit.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Logic and common sense, empirical evidence, statistics, etc. aside, every liberal knows the truth - it's still Trump's fault.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Really? I’m surprised because the FBI painted him as a commie.
And you believe the FBI? From various articles online:

"The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) began monitoring Martin Luther King, Jr., in December 1955, during his involvement with the Montgomery bus boycott, and engaged in covert operations against him throughout the 1960s. FBI director J. Edgar Hoover was personally hostile toward King, believing that the civil rights leader was influenced by Communists. This animosity increased after April 1964, when King called the FBI “completely ineffectual in resolving the continued mayhem and brutality inflicted upon the Negro in the deep South” (King, 23 April 1964). Under the FBI’s domestic counterintelligence program (COINTELPRO) King was subjected to various kinds of FBI surveillance that produced alleged evidence of extramarital affairs, though no evidence of Communist influence."

"His (MLK's) niece Alveda King, an Evangelical supporter of President Donald Trump, has argued that her uncle was a Republican, like his father Martin Luther King, Sr., who was also a Baptist minister." The left has written a lot to try to discredit Ms. King on this.

"The civil rights leader applied for a concealed carry permit in Alabama in 1956, shortly after his house was bombed. This detail of King’s life was revealed by UCLA law professor Adam Winkler, author of a book about the history of the right to bear arms. The state’s law at the time allowed authorities to issue permits, but they denied King’s application, according to Winkler."

·
Registered
234 Posts
Really? I’m surprised because the FBI painted him as a commie.
it is intresting so few people realize the fbi was setup by democrats and used as a weapon in politics it was used against nixon in his first run hoover was not a good american, he attacked people he could not blackmail with dirt and lies

·
Registered
234 Posts
think about the whole mess with trump, nowhere in these supposedly researched papers is there a mention of Debbie Wassermann Schultz,or Billery clint the dnc canned debbie from the top post for this unethical behavior , guess they thought a watergate hearing would look bad for o bummer and even with all the money the sage of mahatan kansas would get dirty

·
Registered
272 Posts
Not defending the Hoover FBI.

Two things: MLK is one of my heroes. The idea that some people are trying to paint him as a Republican or a conservative is as I said flimsy at best given the voluminous historical record. It doesn’t really matter anyway. His words and legacy transcend politics and the current silliness

Second, the Hoover fbi, in place during then 60s civil rights era was never a tool of the Democrats, regardless of its origin. The toxic relationship between Hoover and the Kennedys and Johnson is also well documented.

Revisionism is wrong, regardless of political leanings.

·
Registered
5,802 Posts
I, and others on this forum, have been pointing out the racial discrimination of gun control for years. All of the voter "disenfranchisement" claims of the left are swiftly applied to gun laws by the dozen.

The general consensus here is that all law abiding people should have the freedom to own guns. I find this group to defend equality far more than the progressives.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Back to the real post....I wonder how many of those who marched on Stone Mountain were Legally allowed to have Weapons/Armor??. One Felony and your Done but there were Hundreds there and Nobody checking. So yet again there goes the Rule of Law!.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts