Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
Wish I had one of those back in the day so I could leave it in the patrol vehicle. :rolleyes:

Reactions: GhostMaker

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Wish I had one of those back in the day so I could leave it in the patrol vehicle. :roll eyes:
Yep! Before the expandible batons came out I almost always ended up leaving mine in the cruiser. PR-24's rattled around like bottle tops back in those days.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Yep! Before the expandible batons came out I almost always ended up leaving mine in the cruiser. PR-24's rattled around like bottle tops back in those days.

I actually carried an collapsible PR-24 for a while, before my first department went to the ASP (many, many moons ago). I really liked the collapsible version and that was with early 90s technology. An even smaller version would be nice. I liked having the side handle.

As has been stated above, prior to that, my standard PR-24 usually stayed in the door holder unless I was rolling up on a fight call.
Gonzo

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Sounds like something anti gunners developed to sodomize gun owners

Reactions: Bad Bob

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was issued a PR-24 in 1988 and I miss it. I later bought an aluminum shaft collapsible PR-24. I remember seeing the rapid rotation batons. The guys in blue in the video are Tallahassee PD cops. I'd return to the straight PR in a heartbeat if my agency allowed. They are more versatile than the Monadnock Auto-Lock I'm saddled with. The PR-24 is a bit bulkier, but I've been in fights and foot chases with it and used with authority, it will stop the the threat. But then, my guys call me a dinosaur.

Randall

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Be a pain to carry but the PR24 if used properly delivers much more force of impact than straight batons Asps etc.
If you know how to use one and where on the body to use one they will chop down just about anybody in short order.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
That looks like some kind if karate Kung fu thing and in real life you don't have time for that.

Looks like a solution looking for a a problem to,solve.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
when working with base security in the navy we only ever had the collapsible batons. this thing seems like its WAY too big to be practical. i think id rather use the old school one over that personally.

·
Registered
14,715 Posts
I was a huge fan of the ASP baton. I used a wood baton as an Army MP to great effect and a wooden baton as a cop. I went thru the PR-24 and expandable PR 24, but give me a contoured (hollow) steel rod (ASP) to beat people with. :danceban:

·
Registered
941 Posts
I was a huge fan of the ASP baton. I used a wood baton as an Army MP to great effect and a wooden baton as a cop. I went thru the PR-24 and expandable PR 24, but give me a contoured (hollow) steel rod (ASP) to beat people with. :danceban:
I think I've still got my old wooden baton somewhere in one of those always-moved-never-opened cardboard boxes.

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
I found that a 3 cell mag light works really well as a compliance tool.

Reactions: NH_Esau

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
when working with base security in the navy we only ever had the collapsible batons. this thing seems like its WAY too big to be practical. i think id rather use the old school one over that personally.
In the early 1970s when on Shore Patrol duty all we carried is a straight baton it was very effective, still have it and the SP arm patch. It wasn't the greatest duty, but only every other port with the off ports as "free time". :) This was in the Mediteranian area.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts