Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've worn my Fobus paddle holster around the house (it's cheap and goes on and off wit' a quickness) for quite a while now. I was never very impressed with it because it would shift around and drag my pants down.

Lo and behold, with a real gun belt (from The Beltman), it's like a whole new holster. It stays put and the weight of the gun disappears.

I just felt like preaching to the converted about my belt revelation :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
It's one of those things you can't say enough, as long as there are folks out there trying to get by with dress belts. :smile:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Funny thing about paddles - tho they do not go on to belts with loops etc - they sure as heck do need the support of a belt to work properly.

For most they stand off too much but - when I used a Fobus for P95 way back - actually had it held quite tight in - and was not a problem to cover. This was made better by decent belt holding up my pants!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just as you are amazed at the contribution a good gun belt makes, wait until you invest in a top quality holster, again, it is like night and day.

·
Registered
318 Posts
It is truely amazing how much better support and stability a good gun belt will proivide. I was skeptical myself before I started making my own leather gear. A lot of people think this is just a holster-makers gimic sales pitch until they try. I have a few sample belts that I lend to local customers to try. No one has ever tried one out and not ordered a belt.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Aahhh, I remember the days. ** me remembering back** I just spend a fortune on a gun and now they want me to get rid of my Uncle Mikes? Wow, what a difference this K & D Holster or Milt Sparks holsters makes. What? Now I have to get a different kind of belt, whats wrong with my old one? Man, this gun belt is sweet! Its like a new world!!

A good holster and a good belt make ALL the difference in the world!!

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
A good belt and holster combo works well all right.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I use my Jay-Pee duty belt for now since it was free! :)

Once I can get the gun belt I want (haven't decided on exactly what I want yet), I'll be in the forum of the "converted". :35:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts