Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend wants to buy a mini 30 for a sheeple friendly self defense rifle for an area of the county where such rifles are iffy.

He wants to buy some twenty round mags for said rifle, but is not sure what brand to buy that is either reliable or well made?

I have seen a small number of 30 and 20 rounders out there, but I dont know if any of them are worth buying. What do you all think?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have bee giving some thought to the same rifle for the same reasons- The mini 14/30 would be a little easy for the kids as their 10/22 are the same platform.

·
Registered
344 Posts
THe Mini gets a bum rap alot of the times,, but for what he wants it should work fine,, I know of no after market mags that work well, the factory are best and trying to find them is hard and costly

If I was looking for some thing along those lines I would look at the Kel-tec or the Remington pump in 223 both use M16 mags.

·
Registered
552 Posts
when i bought my mini i was told that rugger dosnt offer a ten round because they dont want the assault weapon lable although its legal in california to have a ten rounder i dont know but was told this when i called about my triger groupe falling out while shooting it rugger fixed it and now it shoots wounderfull btw a m16 mag will work or so a friend in utah tells me but the side efect seems to be three round burst with that mag enjoy it iv got many a cyote with mine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts