Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just looking for anonymous validation from people I don't know on the internet. With the pros and cons of 9 vs. .40 seemed like the only thing to do was get a 9mm and a bunch of 9mm range ammo and a .40 with ample personal defense ammo. So, in the name of stimulating the economy I bought a Springfield XD9 SC and an XD40 SC. There's an added benefit of one holster for both guns and they both even use the same recoil spring assembly. I'm potentiall good, too, if one caliber or the other becomes scarce.
Seems to make sense. I don't know; a good plan?

·
Registered
712 Posts
The more guns and calibers you own, the more enjoyment you get!
I have multi-guns (same frame) with differrent calibers. Glocks, 1911's, HP's, S&W (revolvers and semi-autos). Guns are GOOD. The bigger the selection, the more fun and choice you have.
KEEP BUYING!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sounds good to me. I like to keep it simple as well. I have a G23 and G35. That way I'm familar with how they work. Having the same gun means you only have to train one way.

My SIL has a 1911 and he had to really work at riding the safety down.

Oh, with good SD ammo the 9mm will hold it's own as well.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I grant you validation, anonymously, and congratulations on your choices. Have fun with both and think about more calibers too.

·
Registered
231 Posts
No, this doesn't work. I cant believe you would do such a thing.

Go ahead shoot them and see what one you like the best...

and send the other to me

:)

oh and happy new year

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, this doesn't work. I cant believe you would do such a thing.

Go ahead shoot them and see what one you like the best...

and send the other to me

:)

oh and happy new year
I did and still can't decide. And, I also have no .45 or .44. .380 and smaller isn't really a bullet so they don't count.
:aargh4:

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Nothing wrong with your plan...enjoy!:bier::hand10:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
screw the plan...you dont need an excuse to own multiple guns...but if it helps you justify it dont forget there are several other calibers also...

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
I'm just looking for anonymous validation from people I don't know on the internet. With the pros and cons of 9 vs. .40 seemed like the only thing to do was get a 9mm and a bunch of 9mm range ammo and a .40 with ample personal defense ammo. So, in the name of stimulating the economy I bought a Springfield XD9 SC and an XD40 SC. There's an added benefit of one holster for both guns and they both even use the same recoil spring assembly. I'm potentiall good, too, if one caliber or the other becomes scarce.
Well thought out purpose-driven purchases. Congrats and enjoy!! :congrats:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Similar setup, only with HK P2000SK's. One in 9mm and one in .40.
HK's semi autos handle the recoil really smoothly, so there is very little difference in perceived bounce.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My Beretta 96 Centurion works well this way, just drop in a 9mm barrel and I'm good to go with the standard 40 cal slide and mags. Much cheaper than practicing with 40 ammo. The pistol is a little large for some folks for CCW, but it works for me (when I decide to give my Commander a day off).

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nothing wrong with that... But would it kill you to buy AMERICAN next time.... Smith & Wesson or Ruger etc....
Well, I do have an American Flag on my Mexican made German car. All my other guns are American, though (S&W, Ruger, Armalite, Remington, Marlin), if you don't count my CZ rifle.

·
Registered
212 Posts
You actually could have done the same thing by purchasing the XD40sc and then getting a 9mm conversion barrel for it.
+1, sell the 9mm to a buddy.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Works for me. I have a CZ75 P-01 (9mm) and a P-06 (.40). Only problem I ever had was the day I took my P-01 to the range and grabbed my P-06 spare magazine. For some reason the 9mm fell right out of the .40 cal mags. imagine that! :embarassed:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Sounds fine, though you can tell from my sig what I think about caliber debates.

I'm working on simplifying my gun system and plan on selling my only .40SW gun--a GLOCK 22.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts