Defensive Carry banner

121 - 125 of 125 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
Well let me ask you this, where do you think we should draw the line? The 2A is quite cut and dry, "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." Also, are we willing and able to use the 2A for what its meant to be used for as a last resort? If not then that defeats the purpose of the 2A.

And I don't blame the second amendment crowd for our rights being eroded, I blame them for ALLOWING our rights to be eroded.

Same as we do with the first. Read up on strict scrutiny and second amendment. Some say the standard of reviews are still unsettled for the second amendment, but for now this appears to be the what the lower and appellate courts are going with.

·
Registered
8,417 Posts
Well let me ask you this, where do you think we should draw the line? The 2A is quite cut and dry, "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." Also, are we willing and able to use the 2A for what its meant to be used for as a last resort? If not then that defeats the purpose of the 2A.

And I don't blame the second amendment crowd for our rights being eroded, I blame them for ALLOWING our rights to be eroded.
Well, while you are blaming the "2A crowd" for allowing your rights to be eroded, what the heck have you done about it? I'd like to hear your personal list of pro-2A activities and accomplishments. It's one thing to be all sanctimonious about what other people have failed to accomplish. It's another to get out and get your hands dirty and see how hard fighting for 2A is. So whatcha got?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Well, while you are blaming the "2A crowd" for allowing your rights to be eroded, what the heck have you done about it? I'd like to hear your personal list of pro-2A activities and accomplishments. It's one thing to be all sanctimonious about what other people have failed to accomplish. It's another to get out and get your hands dirty and see how hard fighting for 2A is. So whatcha got?
Well for one thing Im making these posts, hopefully it will get people's attention as its gotten yours.

And I am not excluding myself from the second amendment crowd when I talk about blaming them for allowing your 2A rights to be eroded.

·
Registered
8,417 Posts
Well for one thing Im making these posts, hopefully it will get people's attention as its gotten yours.

And I am not excluding myself from the second amendment crowd when I talk about blaming them for allowing your 2A rights to be eroded.
So you got nothin'. Thought so. All talk, no action.

Posting on an online forum is not "getting people's attention." The internet is not reality. This is not where people's rights get preserved or eroded. Getting people's attention is lobbying, protesting, showing up at rallies, attending legislative meetings, campaigning for candidates, you know, hard stuff that gets you away from the keyboard.

I think we are zeroing in on who is really responsible for allowing our rights to be eroded. I'd look in the mirror if I were you.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
So you got nothin'. Thought so. All talk, no action.

Posting on an online forum is not "getting people's attention." The internet is not reality. This is not where people's rights get preserved or eroded. Getting people's attention is lobbying, protesting, showing up at rallies, attending legislative meetings, campaigning for candidates, you know, hard stuff that gets you away from the keyboard.
I do that stuff as well but I also do everything else that can make a difference, and that includes posting online. The internet is not reality? The last time I checked the internet was real and lots of people use it. Protesting, rallies, and meetings are all good but you're not going to reach the same number of people with those things as you would with the internet. Those of us who are for the 2nd Amendment, we are spread far and wide across the country, what better way to connect with such people than through the internet?

One of the problems is the hostility I observe in the 2A crowd and by that I mean hostility towards each other. I've had people in the 2A crowd act hostile towards me and towards other people who believe like me in the 2A. Sometimes what I say might be painful but its the truth, if we want to win this fight for the 2A we need to be able to take some painful truth. I really do think its in our best interest for us to be friends and for the rest of the people in the 2A crowd to be friends with us as well, that is, if we want to win the fight for the 2A.

Anyway, speaking of the internet here is another video, something to bring attention.

121 - 125 of 125 Posts