Defensive Carry banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
I’d say go with the flesh when it comes to guns and gear.
The spirit will bear witness to the good intentions.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I’d say go with the flesh when it comes to guns and gear.
The spirit will bear witness to the good intentions.
Now that is very philosophical!

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
Hey Raven..... You’ve obviously tried pocketing your wife's 365....you didn’t find it to be too big for pocket carry? I haven’t tried one yet but I’ve been curious as to pocketability.....

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hey Raven..... You’ve obviously tried pocketing your wife's 365....you didn’t find it to be too big for pocket carry? I haven’t tried one yet but I’ve been curious as to pocketability.....
With the 10 round magazine it sees quite doable. That's without a holster, but based on my experience with the P938, I think it will work well. Obviously, the P365 weighs more and that's a non-starter for some people. My Vedder holster for the P365 will show up this week and I will get a better idea how this is all going to work.

·
Premium Member
3,925 Posts
My usual routine is a gun for my birthday, & a gun for Christmas. This year I had that covered X2 by June! Four firearms, & neither event has come to pass YET! Oh well! I have had to wait for a quality holster for the pistol in the bunch. Will probably be another horsehide VM-2 from Milt Sparks. :embarassed:

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
A caveat to my prior response: It depends on what type of pants you wear. As I think you know, I normally wear 5.11 Taclite Pros or their new Apex pants (not because I am tacticool, but because I like how the pants wear, the location of the pockets, etc.) Although the sizing on their pants is very consistent, the sizing of their pockets vary a bit. I was able to easily draw the pistol from the pocket and I don't believe there will be much, if any, difference with the holster.

The Vedder holster I ordered will be here tomorrow, so I should be able to give you further information later this week. Stay tuned!

·
Registered
966 Posts
OP - I started with a BBF Make kydex IWB holster worn at 3:30, but just for expediency I've also stuck the darn thing into my right front pocket in an old Uncle Mike's holster and I've been pleasantly surprised how well it rides there. Of course, it's best pocket carried in big, baggy shorts or plaid shorts (yes, I've got a couple pairs of those, thanks to my wife's admiration of me in plaid :)).

This little gun has impressed me quite a bit. I bought a second one and equipped it with a Streamlight TLR-6, for which I bought another carbon fiber IWB holster and it also works well for early morning walks or times when I'm out at night. I've shot them both in IDPA matches with excellent reliability and even made some good shots with the guns. They are so darned good that I'm in the process of selling my last Glock, a 26.5, in order to consolidate mags, etc.

You're doing the right thing. Trust me ...

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
When you buy a new gun and you think you are getting a great deal. You don’t think about the other accessories you need to go with it. It’s like my wife buys a dress and now needs a new hang bag, shoes, jewelry that go with it. It all adds up.
Oh yes! Magazines, lots of magazines, mag carriers, holsters for different occasions, etc. etc. etc.

Reactions: Pete63

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
The cost of P365 magazines adds up fast at $40/ea. It's getting to where the actual firearm is only 1/2 the expense.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
pocket holsters, OWB holsters (cross draw, hip, small of back), IWB (appendix, 3-5 o'clock carry) holsters, shoulder holsters....decisions, decisions, decisions...<SIGH>

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
pocket holsters, OWB holsters (cross draw, hip, small of back), IWB (appendix, 3-5 o'clock carry) holsters, shoulder holsters....decisions, decisions, decisions...<SIGH>

Damn, you just reminded me that I need to find a good crossdraw holster....... :doh:

·
Registered
13 Posts
The cost of P365 magazines adds up fast at $40/ea. It's getting to where the actual firearm is only 1/2 the expense.
However you can often find deals that include an extra mag or two!

Just recent deals i saw locally
$549 - P365 tactical pack - 365, 3x12rd mags, sit holster
$499 - P365 with standard 2x10 rd mags (one pinky extension) with an extra 12rd mag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
I tried the pocket carry, and it just didn't work as well for me as IWB. I'm carrying my P365 in a TT Gunleather now.

Attachments

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I tried the pocket carry, and it just didn't work as well for me as IWB. I'm carrying my P365 in a TT Gunleather now.
Beautiful holster!

Reactions: spclopr8tr

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have gone way over what I planned this year and I thought I was done last month for a while.

But I am surfing GunBroker right now.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts