Defensive Carry banner

101 - 120 of 1916 Posts

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
S&W 442 w/rosewood grips from grips4guns.com. Sold my CTC LG-405's for the wood grips a couple months ago, and couldn't be happier!

Are those the Excaliber boot grips? I don't see the ones with the diamond and checkering like yours.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've always liked having the option of a small pocket gun for times when I don't feel like strapping on a full rig. Or (if I'm going near Detroit) a back up gun.

I've always used a P3AT for that. Mine has never once failed to feed or eject, and it's fairly accurate for such a tiny thing. I never did any fluff and buff. Well, two weeks ago I did my occasional grab the Kel Tec and dump a magazine of carry ammo. Right after the first shot the mag dropped, and I know darn well I didn't bump the release. I've not had it happen again, but it still un-nerved me.

So, I took a little extra money I had and picked up a 642. While I'm still waiting on my pocket holster it seems like it will carry very easily. I know it will be way more reliable than even a good example of the P3AT like I have, and a good .38 is a little bit better than .380

I've only shot it once so far, just 1 box. That thing has a lot more bite than I suspected, but after about 30 rounds of pretty bad shooting I was hitting the target fairly decently. It will take a lot more practice but I think I'm really going to love this snub!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Me, Taurus fan...
I've carried the 85 Multi-Alloy (center) for 8 or 9 years, at least. Nice light weight revolver.

The Ruger SP101 (left) is new and is also being carried...not a pocket gun though (IWB or OWB). The 851 (right, also an Ultra-Lite) is also new. It'll replace the 85 as my pocket rocket. The shrouded hammer does work better for pocket carry, but I didn't want a DAO revolver.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
50,574 Posts
My pic's keep saying they are too big for the forum:confused::confused::confused:, but I find myself taking my wife's SW-637 in my pocked...more and more...certainly bigger than my backyard carry (NAA .22LR):smile:

Stay armed...revolvers are good...stay safe!

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
My pic's keep saying they are too big for the forum:confused::confused::confused:, but I find myself taking my wife's SW-637 in my pocked...more and more...certainly bigger than my backyard carry (NAA .22LR):smile:

Stay armed...revolvers are good...stay safe!
I think you need to just get one of your own, and leave your wifes belongings alone! :wink:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Me, Taurus fan...
I've carried the 85 Multi-Alloy (center) for 8 or 9 years, at least. Nice light weight revolver.

The Ruger SP101 (left) is new and is also being carried...not a pocket gun though (IWB or OWB). The 851 (right, also an Ultra-Lite) is also new. It'll replace the 85 as my pocket rocket. The shrouded hammer does work better for pocket carry, but I didn't want a DAO revolver.
Good to see another Taurus fan. Excellent revolvers. How do the Taurus ULs compare to the S&W airweights? I like that the Taurus has a smidgen longer barrel(Not that it makes much difference).

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have always been a Smith and Wesson man. I wouldnt trade mine for anything. That being said a couple of months ago I bought a Tasurus 850UL for a light weight carry piece until I found what I really wanted to carry. I was impressed with the fit, trigger, and how it shot. I found I could hit with it no problem. Two months later I figure I have found my carry piece. Its the Taurus.

·
Registered
640 Posts
What kind of grips are those on the 642? I also like the orange insert on the front sight.
Actually, it's a chrome 442....I had it refinished when the cylinder started to pit...as for the grips, they are stag from Spresserkifeworks...got them off their ebay store for around 90 bucks...they are thicker than the original wood, which is one reason why I like them...they also have a nice grip from the scarring but don't catch on clothes like rubber...I had the orange insert cut in when it went out to be hard chromed by fords...but he used a solid plastic which eventually popped out...I brought it to kings gun works and they put a new one in for 25 bucks....this one is more pliable so it doesn't pop out from the recoil...in hindsight, I wouldn't do it again as it doesn't do much for such a small sight picture....but I guess it looks good....the fiber optic sight on my Sp101 is much more practical...really bright in any available light...:smile:

101 - 120 of 1916 Posts