Defensive Carry banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My next knife investment has come. I actually don't get a new knife all that often, I've gotten very picky, and I personally have become fully devoted to Spyderco simply because I've yet to find anything nicer for the same amount of money.

It's been lampooned but I have long been a fan of my custom Hideaway. The Hideaway design, although excellent, doesn't allow for fine control. But it's not supposed to, that's the whole point it's a gross motor skills knife.

I've been searching for a less expensive option in a fixed blade carry. Personal fixed blade carry is immensely practical but also very difficult. I had considered the SPOT breifly but I wanted a more conventional blade shape for ease of sharpening.

The initial SWICK run is limited to just under 500 pieces. Spyderco is wanting to see if this product will sell.

Well I am purchasing one.

· Premium Member
25,596 Posts
I guess that would suit a neck carry quite well.

Yes it is rather minimalist but also probably most effective if required. Dare we ask the price?

If as I hope I make it to the Tulsa show I may well find myself another knife or two.

· Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Price isn't bad... $80-$90 street price, Spyderco MSRP is probably well over $100 though.

But Spyderco does that on purpose so that their dealers can easily undercut factory outlet prices.

When you consider the sheaths are contract work and are excellent for a production sheath, and the material is S30V and it's made in Golden, CO, the price is quite reasonable.

Also, the sheath accepts a small Teklok so belt carry in all sorts of positions is an option.

· Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool, it's in, it's nice.

Played with it... will possibly give more in depth impression later but immediately realized that while incredibly flat, might be too long for some neck carry applications.

But it fits perfectly in a pocket.

Ordered this.

http://www.hideawayknife.com/pantspocket.php

The Ripp Cord + The Swick should be cool.

· Registered
804 Posts
Have you ever considered the TDI knife? It the blade looks similiar to this one and it fits nicely on a belt.

· Registered
2,489 Posts
I have one similar but made by Benchmade. It has the breakaway rope for around the neck carry. Congrats on yer find !!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.