Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My next knife investment has come. I actually don't get a new knife all that often, I've gotten very picky, and I personally have become fully devoted to Spyderco simply because I've yet to find anything nicer for the same amount of money.

It's been lampooned but I have long been a fan of my custom Hideaway. The Hideaway design, although excellent, doesn't allow for fine control. But it's not supposed to, that's the whole point it's a gross motor skills knife.

I've been searching for a less expensive option in a fixed blade carry. Personal fixed blade carry is immensely practical but also very difficult. I had considered the SPOT breifly but I wanted a more conventional blade shape for ease of sharpening.

The initial SWICK run is limited to just under 500 pieces. Spyderco is wanting to see if this product will sell.

Well I am purchasing one.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I guess that would suit a neck carry quite well.

Yes it is rather minimalist but also probably most effective if required. Dare we ask the price?

If as I hope I make it to the Tulsa show I may well find myself another knife or two.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Price isn't bad... $80-$90 street price, Spyderco MSRP is probably well over $100 though.

But Spyderco does that on purpose so that their dealers can easily undercut factory outlet prices.

When you consider the sheaths are contract work and are excellent for a production sheath, and the material is S30V and it's made in Golden, CO, the price is quite reasonable.

Also, the sheath accepts a small Teklok so belt carry in all sorts of positions is an option.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Nice. You can easily wrap it in paracord, too.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Have you ever considered the TDI knife? It the blade looks similiar to this one and it fits nicely on a belt.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I have one similar but made by Benchmade. It has the breakaway rope for around the neck carry. Congrats on yer find !!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts