Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post debate results, my opinion of course...

Clinton - She once again did well, as well as she could, and generally comported herself well, too. Many of her answers were well thought out and delivered. However she did carefully, and with a certain manner of finesse, managed to skirt a number of the salient parts of some questions. All in all, she had a decent night.

Trump - His best of the three debates, the first part of the time allotted he handled quite well. He has a nasty habit of going off on tangents and failing to finish thoughts via the spoken word. He was mostly rather well composed all night and delivered his best performance. Not as polished as Clinton, but then he is new to all of this.

Wallace - By far the best moderator of the three debates, hands down. His questions were robust and very pertinent and I think because of his demeanor, the two debaters were more "civil". Outstanding job by Wallace.

The Winner - Fox News. Mostly due to Chris Wallace but also due to people like Bret Baier and Brit Hume, who are two of the best in the business.

Winner of the debate - No clear cut winner here. Clinton supporters will claim that their candidate won hands down and Trump supporters will claim that their candidate ruled the evening. Some of the fence sitters will drop off into one camp or another. I think Trump's numbers will go up a little from the bump he'll get from last night while Hillary's will most likely remain pretty much where they were prior to the debate. Recall that Ronald Reagan's trailed Carter 47 to 39 just a week to ten days before the election in 1980. But then, the demographics and general political climate of the nation was quite a bit different then than it is now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.