Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
10,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is interesting, especially in light of a recent thread here about what other handguns are "better" or "more advanced" than the Glock 19. The Glock 19 was still #1 in sales on Gunbroker in 2020.

·
Premium Member
4,056 Posts
I'm surprised the P365 is down on the list at #6. Perhaps price has a considerable impact on popularity?

·
Premium Member
35,789 Posts
Seven of the top ten used guns are Glocks. Three of the top new guns are Glocks. People are selling them, at least proportionally, at twice the rate they are keeping them. That does not indicate a lasting love to me...

·
Registered
9,066 Posts
Not surprised. Even though I said in the other thread that my 19 has never been my main carry gun, it’s still a great gun. Regardless of what people would like to believe, it has become the standard that other guns are measured against. Other great guns in there as well with the shield, hi power, and 1911. Not surprised by this list at all.

·
Premium Member
5,707 Posts
Seven of the top ten used guns are Glocks. Three of the top new guns are Glocks. People are selling them, at least proportionally, at twice the rate they are keeping them. That does not indicate a lasting love to me...
Maybe they are trading up to a newer Gen?

·
Premium Member
35,789 Posts
Maybe they are trading up to a newer Gen?
Maybe frogs are growing wings, and no longer bumping their butts. Hard to say, really.

Of all the used Glocks out there, the first generation models are the ones that bring top dollar. Kinda like first gen SAA.

·
Premium Member
7,998 Posts
I was surprised to see the Hi Power at #2, until I remembered Browning discontinued the HP.

The Colt 1911 is still going strong...

Reactions: airslot

·
Registered
238 Posts
This is interesting, especially in light of a recent thread here about what other handguns are "better" or "more advanced" than the Glock 19. The Glock 19 was still #1 in sales on Gunbroker in 2020.

Top sales make Glocks better? So with that logic, between 2003 - 2008, Nickleback was the best, most talented rock band in the world? They outsold everyone else. 😏

Popularity fuelled by marketing dollars is real phenomena.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
18,848 Posts
The only one on the list that appeals to me is the Colt 1911. At one time, I owned nine Glocks plus some other plastic guns. Today, my only plastic fantastic gun is the FNH FNX-45 Tactical.

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
In a year that everything that is for sale has been sold, those numbers may not mean what we think. I'm not picking on Glock here, Their popularity may be twice what we see and only limited by how many guns were available, or may be inflated because they had more guns on the shelf ready to be sold. The used numbers may lean either way also. Is it that when sellers saw a chance to thin the herd the Glocks went first, or was it consumer demand that brought prices high enough to get those guns back on the market? Or, were they always on the market but had not sold?
I use that data to price guns myself But during panic buying times like these, but for me data that is collected during unstable times is only good during those exact unstable times. Is only a snapshot of what is happening now. not really useful in long term trends.
Just for example, because there is nothing on LGS shelves to be sold I put out several less desirable guns and got sales at 3 to 5 times what they are worth. These were Ring of Fire guns Saturdaynight Specials, Single shot shotguns etc... If you were watching data those guns would normally sit on a shelf for several days or weeks and sell for little or nothing. But because of the panic buying they sold as fast as they were put out and at unheard of prices!
I would not want to use that data as post panic pricing! Or even to show how popular those guns are! DR

1 - 20 of 53 Posts