Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
10,835 Posts
The top ten for 2021 so far:
  1. Whatever is in stock that I can get ammo for.
  2. Whatever is in stock that I can get ammo for.
  3. Whatever is in stock that I can get ammo for.
  4. Whatever is in stock that I can get ammo for.
  5. Whatever is in stock that I can get ammo for.
  6. Whatever is in stock that I can get ammo for.
  7. Whatever is in stock that I can get ammo for.
  8. Whatever is in stock that I can get ammo for.
  9. Whatever is in stock that I can get ammo for.
  10. Whatever is in stock that I can get ammo for.

·
Registered
9,848 Posts
1. Probley less what was popular but more what was in stock and who could get the most in stock that sold ...
2. Lot of first time gun owners so prob why the guns ever one alwasy said get in the gun mags ie glock , sig etc are on the list
3. Probley to do with mags as well ..Glock are still the cheeper side of handgun mags compare to others

As to the Hi power I am guessing a lot of surplus from Isreal stuff added to the list

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
If it was SHTF time out of all my handguns I’m reaching for my Glock,

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
Not surprised by the list, except for the Browning Hi Power. But the Glock being half the list is what I expected. Its just mind boggling that Glock can continue to crank out guns at a break-neck pace year after year.
That has always surprised me too. They can surely move a lot of guns through their factories. I was surprised to see the Bodyguard on there.

·
Registered
40,097 Posts
The list of guns I would not give up my Glock 30 for is miles longer than the list of guns I would give it up for. I don't think it can be replaced, only supplemented.

·
Registered
19,630 Posts
I understand that there are a lot of great guns out there and that Glock is not for everyone, but a few years ago I sold my G26 to a friend in need thinking I didn’t need it. I was wrong.
It’s been replaced by one of the first Gen 5’s model 26’s, and I will never make that mistake again.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
I understand that there are a lot of great guns out there and that Glock is not for everyone, but a few years ago I sold my G26 to a friend in need thinking I didn’t need it. I was wrong.
It’s been replaced by one of the first Gen 5’s model 26’s, and I will never make that mistake again.
I have a Georgia made Gen 5 G26 that I would not part with either. Crazy how well it will shoot!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Funny, I had a similar experience. I traded my G26 to a friend for a lever action rifle. About a year later I got back the same gun from him for a G19 with after market adjustable sights. I took it in the shorts on the trade but I really wanted that gun back. I won't get rid of it again.

·
Registered
40,097 Posts
As much as I love my revolvers and metal and wood guns in general I would agree. If the worst time hits its the Glock 21 that would get the call. Makes no sense how well I can shoot that handgun but, there it is.
Your rep--

·
Registered
19,630 Posts
I see the Glock as similar to the 1911.
It was definitely a game changer when it broke in on the scene, it’s reputation will never be completely overshadowed by the new arrivals.

If there is one thing that gun people have in common, it’s a need to trust the products they buy and use.
The 1911 and Glock have certainly accomplished and earned that trust.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Let's all keep one thing in mind. This article/list utilizes a VERY tiny sample size. I'll bet there are countless gun owners, both recent and longstanding, who have never even heard of GunBroker.

Just saying.

I would love to see such stats on a national level. Who knows? Glock might be Top Dog in that, as well, but it would be interesting to see.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
#9 in new was Taurus G2.
I have one gifted to me and can see why its popular.
Budget friendly and reliable.
Not much on fit and finish but
It works.
I call mine the rich mans Hi Point...lol
I would take the G2 in a heartbeat. Shot my buddy's G2c and it's a nice gun. Good trigger, easy to control. Definitely easy to conceal. And in the last three years, when we go out to the range, I haven't seen it hiccup once.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
Maybe I opened my own can of worms with my post above.

Here's a list for 2020 from guns.com:

From Crossbreed:

From NSSF, via Ballistic Mag:

This one is more of a "most popular" by The Gun Source:

Many links I found just parrot the GunBroker article, but I'm sure there are others out there.

·
Premium Member
5,266 Posts
Well, if we're going to pigeon hole caliber, my BHP would be the 9mm for SHTF. ONLY thing CLOSE I've got, on that note is a con. barrel for my G27. BHP is 13+1, so "there you go on that"! BUT, SHTF, I'm SURE I'd grabbing my G20 ANYWAY, IF I was grabbing a glock. TBT, short of being caught at the gas station with my pant's down, I'M GRABBING my AR pistol!!

21 - 40 of 54 Posts