Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
Women who know they are women and men who know they are men are different than folks who have this type of disorder.
As the left likes to say. Follow The Science. Well Biology is a b**ch.
Transgender's are more likely to suffer from depression related problems, stuff you do not need in a combat force.
But things worked out so well with Bradley Manning

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
But things worked out so well with Bradley Manning
I feel sorry for anyone with this mental issue but they don't belong in the military, as you pointed out with Manning.

Why start with someone that has mental issues? It's a big enough challenge to sort out the ones who are mentally ill but not as apparent...like Nidal Hassan.

·
Registered
9,703 Posts
Women should not serve in the military.
Women should not be trained as pilots.
Women should not be trained as pilots of combat aircraft.
Women should not fly combat missions.
Women should not be trained for ground combat roles.
Women should not be assigned combat zone missions.
Women should not be permitted to serve in special forces.
Blacks, men and women, should be barred from all military service.
Blacks, men and women, should be permitted to serve in the military but not in units with whites.
Blacks, men and women, should be permitted to serve in the military but only in menial and subservient roles.

Sound familiar?

Sign me a combat veteran Marine who is proud of his service and respectful of the honest intentions of others who may not be exactly like me but who ave a true desire to serve their nation.
A lot of those things have been proven out as things that never should have happened. I was in Aviation Officer Candidate school when the first women came in. It was a joke. They immediately started bending the rules just for the women so they would pass and still a bunch of them didn't make it. The Navy spent a reported one million bucks per ship making modifications to each ship to accommodate women and women never showed up in numbers to make it worthwhile. Anytime gals decided the going was too rough, they got pregnant and got an honorable discharge or shore duty. Sometimes guys with distinguished careers got booted when they were named as the fathers.

The Navy had to develop and procure modified flight gear for women at great expense and most of it never got used. Women never really distinguished themselves in combat aviation. The services and the media did make a big deal everytime one of them was the "first woman to..." do stuff thousands of guys had done before. It should not be about who all can just pass the tests, it should be about the best people to do a job. And women were never the best people in combat aviation jobs and they still aren't. Pulling G's takes upper body strength most men, and almost no women have. I am sure this is being repeated in ground combat and special forces. The military is about killing and destroying. It should not be a social experiment. Women should not be proud of being used as tokens.

·
Registered
204 Posts
A lot of those things have been proven out as things that never should have happened. I was in Aviation Officer Candidate school when the first women came in. It was a joke. They immediately started bending the rules just for the women so they would pass and still a bunch of them didn't make it. The Navy spent a reported one million bucks per ship making modifications to each ship to accommodate women and women never showed up in numbers to make it worthwhile. Anytime gals decided the going was too rough, they got pregnant and got an honorable discharge or shore duty. Sometimes guys with distinguished careers got booted when they were named as the fathers.

The Navy had to develop and procure modified flight gear for women at great expense and most of it never got used. Women never really distinguished themselves in combat aviation. The services and the media did make a big deal everytime one of them was the "first woman to..." do stuff thousands of guys had done before. It should not be about who all can do the job, it should be about the best people to do a job. And women were never the best people in combat jobs. I am sure this is being repeated in ground combat and special forces. The military is about killing and destroying. It should not be a social experiment. Women should not be proud of being used as tokens.
Ah yes...if only we could return to the good old days when only white male christians were permitted to kill people and break things.

I see now where they are actually sending female astronauts into space and letting them serve on important juries.

What's next, a female president?

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
If I was a woman in the military I would refuse any special accommodation that isn't given to men too.

Either I make it on my own, or I don't.

I already know I can't do 20 push-ups or swim a couple of miles in combat gear so I wouldn't waste the military's time pretending I could.

If other women can preform at the the same standard as men...good for them. But no whinning if they wash-out.

There are lots of opportunities for women in the military that don't require brute strength, but are every bit as important...air traffic control, medical, logistics etc.

·
Registered
9,703 Posts
Ah yes...if only we could return to the good old days when only white male christians were permitted to kill people and break things.

I see now where they are actually sending female astronauts into space and letting them serve on important juries.

Apparently you didn't live through one of these farces first hand. I did. You are stuck on the popular narrative, not the reality.

·
Registered
9,703 Posts
If I was a woman in the military I would refuse any special accommodation that isn't given to men too.

Either I make it on my own, or I don't.

I already know I can't do 20 push-ups or swim a couple of miles in combat gear so I wouldn't waste the military's time pretending I could do it.

If other women can preform at the the same standard as men...good for them. But no whinning if they wash-out.

There are lots of opportunities for women in the military that don't require brute strength, but are every bit as important...air traffic control, medical, logistics etc.
That is a nice principle, but they always bend the rules for women, for political purposes, but they don't admit it. I've seen it first hand.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Apparently you didn't live through one of these farces first hand. I did.
Much of your commentary suggests a self fulfilling prophecy...in the 80's and 90's many people said women could not perform in the military and some people set about to prove it.

Nevertheless, I appreciate your viewpoint and personal experience. I served in Viet Nam when there were no females on the combat bases that I helped build and defend. But that was literally over 50 years ago. Times and circumstances change.

The compelling experience informing my opinion today has more to do with raising two daughters and enjoying the frequent companionship of two granddaughters. My daughters are well educated and famously successful in a field that 30 years ago would have been considered the nearly exclusive province of men. My granddaughters are fearless and bold. I will always argue for their equal rights and opportunity.

Do you have females in your family? (You can consider that a rhetorical query.)

·
Registered
8,388 Posts

Your argument is really proven by all the female only infantry units that outperform male only infantry units around the world. Oh yeah, there aren’t any. Yeah, we send women into space. I’m not an astronaut, so I’m probably not the best person to say who should and shouldn’t be going to space, but I do have enough common sense to know that just because we did it doesn’t mean it happened because it was best for our space program, or that what was best for the space program was even considered.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Much of your commentary suggests a self fulfilling prophecy...in the 80's and 90's many people said women could not perform in the military and some people set about to prove it.

Nevertheless, I appreciate your viewpoint and personal experience. I served in Viet Nam when there were no females on the combat bases that I helped build and defend. But that was literally over 50 years ago. Times and circumstances change.

The compelling experience informing my opinion today has more to do with raising two daughters and enjoying the frequent companionship of two granddaughters. My daughters are well educated and famously successful in a field that 30 years ago would have been considered the nearly exclusive province of men. My granddaughters are fearless and bold. I will always argue for their equal rights and opportunity.

Here‘s the rub in your argument. Do any of your daughters or Granddaughters question they are women/girls. Therein lies the issue.
I too was luck enough to have three wonderful daughters. They are now wonderful women. I always wanted equal treatment of those girls. Operative word, equal. They have to pay the price for what they want be. No handouts or so called hand ups.

Come on man!

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts

I commend your daughters and granddaughters. I assume they climbed the ladder on their own, not took advantage of "dumbed down" requirements so that they could succeed?

Women can do anything as long as they are physically able to it on the same terms as their male counter-parts. That's where combat readiness comes into play.

·
Registered
9,703 Posts

50 years means nothing in hands-on warfare. The challenges are the same as they have been for centuries. Strength and aggression. There are other parts of the military where women excel and that's where they should serve.

Yes, I also raised two daughters and I had three granddaughters. One daughter graduated with honors from law school and is an Assistant AG for the state of VA. The other got her PhD in Developmental Psyc. and is the practice manager for her husband's very successful orthodontic practice. They are both fearless and bold also. I don't want either of them, or my granddaughters, in combat.

Do you still cheer for equality when people's daughters come back in bags or are raped as prisoners of war? Or when they let their comrades down because they couldn't cut it? Because that has happened and will continue to. It's not something I cheer for.

And this trans stuff adds mental illness to the mix. Not a good idea.

·
Registered
204 Posts
. Yeah, we send women into space.
Not to make too fine a point of it, but...

"WE" do not send women into space. With the singular exception of one mission this year, the Russians have transported all American astronauts into space for the past 14 years at a cost to American taxpayers of approximately 4 billion dollars.

At least now we are paying a putative American company owned by a South African immigrant to send future astronauts into space.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
The US military is NOT a social experiment. Trannys and others w/ mental issues need not apply.

Reactions: Rock and Glock

·
Registered
204 Posts
Do you still cheer for equality when people's daughters come back in bags or are raped as prisoners of war?
I accept this as your rhetorical question. It is a valid one. The obvious answer is that I take no joy in seeing any person subjected to the rigors of war.

I was fortunate to be raised by a very literate woman. As a senior in high school, in an effort to discourage me from enlisting in the Marine Corps, she gave me a copy of Johnny Got His Gun by Dalton Trumbo. She also introduced me to an assortment of World War I poets. One, Wilfred Owen, authored the finest lines I have ever read in an anti-war poem, dripping with sardonic irony, "Dulce et decorum et pro patria mori" "It is sweet and fitting to die for the homeland". While I still enlisted, the messages she conveyed through literature were never lost on me.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Not to make too fine a point of it, but...

"WE" do not send women into space. With the singular exception of one mission this year, the Russians have transported all American astronauts into space for the past 14 years at a cost to American taxpayers of approximately 4 billion dollars.

At least now we are paying a putative American company owned by a South African immigrant to send future astronauts into space.
If they wear an American flag on their uniform and collect an American paycheck they are ours. However, you completely dodged the point.

Reactions: OD* and JoeyD
21 - 40 of 76 Posts