Defensive Carry banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
So our debate has turned from If a mentally defective [ Or Physically defective ] person is qualified to serve in the military into should we allow women in the military? This is exactly the way the Left wanted this argument to go. This is not about whether girls can do a job that was traditionally for boy's.
This particular argument is about if the US Military should have to accept a person with known mental or physical defects . These defects are so bad that they take years of surgery's and rehab to correct! Should the US military have to pay for these defects to be corrected?
And if it is found that the military has to take defective recruits and make the whole again what about all the others with Knee problems? Back problems? Hearing defects? eyesight problems? ETC... This is the rabbit hole! DR

·
Registered
38,097 Posts
McNamara's 100,000 Club...

Reactions: jmf552

·
Registered
8,395 Posts
So our debate has turned from If a mentally defective [ Or Physically defective ] person is qualified to serve in the military into should we allow women in the military? This is exactly the way the Left wanted this argument to go. This is not about whether girls can do a job that was traditionally for boy's.
This particular argument is about if the US Military should have to accept a person with known mental or physical defects . These defects are so bad that they take years of surgery's and rehab to correct! Should the US military have to pay for these defects to be corrected?
And if it is found that the military has to take defective recruits and make the whole again what about all the others with Knee problems? Back problems? Hearing defects? eyesight problems? ETC... This is the rabbit hole! DR
Whether it’s a male or female, or someone who is confused as to what they are, or if they think they are a cat or are paralyzed, or whatever, it doesn’t really matter. The argument is about how changing the requirement for certain jobs to allow other people to do them affects the ability of those in that field to do what they do, and if that impact is a positive, no change, or negative impact.

·
Registered
9,705 Posts
0.5% of the population identify as transgender how much of that 0.5% are joining the military?? This is feel good vaporware headlines.
Also, there are parents now who are identifying children as trans even before the kid knows what gender means. Then they are raising them as the opposite gender they were born with. I think it's child abuse, but it's part of those numbers.

·
Registered
8,395 Posts
Also, there are parents now who are identifying children as trans even before the kid knows what gender means. Then they are raising them as the opposite gender they were born with. I think it's child abuse, but it's part of those numbers.
I know a family that is for the most part doing this. It’s pretty messed up.

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Whether it’s a male or female, or someone who is confused as to what they are, or if they think they are a cat or are paralyzed, or whatever, it doesn’t really matter. The argument is about how changing the requirement for certain jobs to allow other people to do them affects the ability of those in that field to do what they do, and if that impact is a positive, no change, or negative impact.
I think that is a different argument. That would be for the question of can Females compete for the same jobs.
This argument is over whether the gov must take a recruit that they know up front has defects! and are they responsible to fix those defects. In this case, A man who Identifies as a woman could probably pass all the physical tests any other man could. Just look at how women's sports are being dominated by Bio men who "Identify as women. DR

·
Registered
8,395 Posts
I think that is a different argument. That would be for the question of can Females compete for the same jobs.
This argument is over whether the gov must take a recruit that they know up front has defects! and are they responsible to fix those defects. In this case, A man who Identifies as a woman could probably pass all the physical tests any other man could. Just look at how women's sports are being dominated by Bio men who "Identify as women. DR
Does “have a positive impact, no impact or negative impact” end at accepting the ones who meet the physical requirements?

Reactions: dangerranger

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
Does “have a positive impact, no impact or negative impact” end at accepting the ones who meet the physical requirements?
I'm not arguing for them. That is still the the argument for a different question. And my point is no they don't meet the requirements. Mentally. DR

·
Registered
192 Posts
I wonder what Russia, NK, Iran and China's policy is on transgenders in the military.
At least until 20 years ago having sex with same gender partner in Russia was illegal, on the level of felony. One would get up to 5 years in prison for that. I do not know what it is there now.

Having in our country a propaganda with the kids that that is OK, is the worst thing we can do to our young generation. On each mental (medical) case of a person who is really not noraml in this respect, we induce dozens of young people who othewise would live normal life, but propaganda helps to make them become not normal.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I don't think that is a true number. 1% of the total population is Gay. .01% of that population is Trans. They are a very small part of a very small group of our total population.
And very vocal. And that is what they are using to get what otherwise they will not get. Through their "try to show the gay away" privilege.

·
Registered
192 Posts
What's next, a female president?
Woman president?

I'm here paraphrasing some concurrent philosopher. He argues that by the whole nature women thorughtout million year history were having the goal: to bear children, rase them. Men, in turn had to provide food, protect, fight risking their lives. And from that long history these are in genes, and mother nature makes women and men taht different (statistically, which means overwhelming, but not 100% cases, some individuals can be opposite).
Now, even when ladies pass the physical requirements, they not necessarily will be the same level nastiness fighters. (some will).
Now, when man is a politician, he knows that if he srews up thing to the level the fight will break, men will have to go and fight and loose their lives. If woman si a politician, by that whole histrory, she doesn't have it sitting in her that if she screws up, then - who, women? - will go, fight and loose their lives.
Of course I am not a philosopher, and can not present his thoughts as transparent as he did.

But (excluding Margaret Thatcher!) I do observe that he is right. Take Mekel: she brought her Germany into deep crap...

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
If I was a woman in the military I would refuse any special accommodation that isn't given to men too.

Either I make it on my own, or I don't.

I already know I can't do 20 push-ups or swim a couple of miles in combat gear so I wouldn't waste the military's time pretending I could.

If other women can preform at the the same standard as men...good for them. But no whinning if they wash-out.

There are lots of opportunities for women in the military that don't require brute strength, but are every bit as important...air traffic control, medical, logistics etc.

I could do the pushups and all that in my 30’s, have witnesses to it and finally stopped kicking myself for NOT going into the service. They want you in your 20’s, would be nice if they had programs for folks over 28, even those that get out of prison for something they did stupid as a kid. CWO and I were talking about that tonight, folks getting out of jail and they they are marked for life (A younger relative I’m thinking of).

Sure wish I had gone in the service, I wanted to be a pilot.

As far as the gay military thing, I’m in the “don’t ask don’t tell” category and no on any body part change, not on my dime.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
You have got to be kidding, this is not right it will be the same that was with the Obama Admin and if this go through America will go down be defeated by our enemies, God will not let this go on, crazy, just crazy.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts