Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
This video of a retired general is very interesting but it is his opinion (and I agree with much of it) but can't be called "the truth".

·
Registered
405 Posts

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
I like it when people with 'big ones' tell it like it is...:yup::hand10::congrats::congrats:

·
Registered
238 Posts
The reason those lives were lost at Ft. Hood is because there was not someone there who could immediately respond to the threat against life and limb.

Lives were lost because of another Gun Free Zone, because those soldiers are restricted from exercising their right to self defense while in uniform. Contractors while on the post.

It would not have mattered one little bit if the shooter was a crazy jihadist, or a disgruntled thug who weaseled his way into ACU's or if it were some horrible domestic violence incident that spilled over into the workplace.

The motives of some sociopath are of little consequence to me. The religious views of some disgraced general doesn't matter to me at all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_G._Boykin

The ability to take care of myself and my fellow service members does.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Preach it, Lt. Gen. Jerry Boykin!!:congrats:

You hit the nail on the head.

Unfortunately, the leftists do not care to hear what you have to say.

·
Registered
114 Posts
America is under attack and we have been infiltrated, deeper than some can accept, that is pretty obvious no matter who points out the truth...
God Bless America, we need His blessing now more than ever to at least wake up to that fact.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
It is nice to heear someone speak the truth and call what happened at Ft. Hood terrorism, as it was, however, I fear it falls on the deaf ears of the current leadership.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The reason those lives were lost at Ft. Hood is because there was not someone there who could immediately respond to the threat against life and limb.

Lives were lost because of another Gun Free Zone, because those soldiers are restricted from exercising their right to self defense while in uniform. Contractors while on the post.

It would not have mattered one little bit if the shooter was a crazy jihadist, or a disgruntled thug who weaseled his way into ACU's or if it were some horrible domestic violence incident that spilled over into the workplace.

The motives of some sociopath are of little consequence to me. The religious views of some disgraced general doesn't matter to me at all.
William G. Boykin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Absolutely correct. The killing stopped when the first person with a gun showed up 4 minutes and by luck, on the scene.

You'd think that out of 70,000 people the Army could arrange to have at least 5 armed people present at every gathering.

Another thing, the 5.7x28 was proved to be a total failure as a self-defense weapon, IMHO. Of course tyhe media called it a "manstopper" and a "cop killer" and ignored the Federal law on handgun bullets.

·
Banned
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Absolutely correct. The killing stopped when the first person with a gun showed up 4 minutes and by luck, on the scene.

You'd think that out of 70,000 people the Army could arrange to have at least 5 armed people present at every gathering.

Another thing, the 5.7x28 was proved to be a total failure as a self-defense weapon, IMHO. Of course tyhe media called it a "manstopper" and a "cop killer" and ignored the Federal law on handgun bullets.
I agree with you saying " The killing stopped when the first person with a gun showed up 4 minutes and by luck, on the scene."

The thread is talking about the Army not wanting to hurt anyones feelings and stopping this terrorist before he decided to murder the soldiers that he was supposed to defend. It is not talking about how the killing stopped.

I sure think that there should be armed soldiers on an army base too.

·
Registered
405 Posts
T The religious views of some disgraced general doesn't matter to me at all.
William G. Boykin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Besides some accusations by the ridiculous Sy Hersh, what in that wikipedia article (never a good source, by the way) indicates Boykin is a disgraced general?

If you care about taking care of yourself and your bros, you'll take the nature of the threat seriously. A "thug" or "domestic incident" is a random act. You and fellow soldiers being targeted by a religiously motivated sociopath specifically because of who you and your buds are should be on your radar. If you think this was a random act by another run of the mill psychotic, you're not seeing what's right in front of you.

Is there a part of you that feels more rational or intelligent by discounting the religious nature of this attack and/or belittling a man who has surely done more in the service of his country than you due to his strong religious views?

·
Registered
36,326 Posts

Lives were lost because of another Gun Free Zone ...
Yup. Everything else is whitewash and the blame game.

What must change is the ability of people to defend against attack. Without that, other preparations are relatively meaningless in terms of being able to quickly terminate violent attack.

Or all 70,000. There was a time in the not too distant past when it was so (so far as I understand it). Now, we're in a time when it's the only practical thing that will help mitigate such crimes ... and still nobody will consider it.

·
Banned
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yup. Everything else is whitewash and the blame game.

What must change is the ability of people to defend against attack. Without that, other preparations are relatively meaningless in terms of being able to quickly terminate violent attack.

Or all 70,000. There was a time in the not too distant past when it was so (so far as I understand it). Now, we're in a time when it's the only practical thing that will help mitigate such crimes ... and still nobody will consider it.
"the blame game" is what the thread is about. Everyone is worried about being PC and not wanting to offend anyone. Most people don't understand that these people are in a "Holy War" with us and will stop at nothing to kill us or make us accept their religion.

TheReligionofPeace - The Top 10 Reasons Why Islam is NOT a Religion of Peace

TheReligionofPeace - Myths of Islam

·
Registered
238 Posts
Is there a part of you that feels more rational or intelligent by discounting the religious nature of this attack and/or belittling a man who has surely done more in the service of his country than you due to his strong religious views?
If you want to put on blinders and fight 1 fight at a time, go ahead. The generals career is hardly something to be proud of.

Failure at the Iran Hostage Crisis in 1980.
Played in the drug wars through the 80's

In April 1993, he helped advise Attorney General Janet Reno regarding the stand-off at Waco, Texas between the Federal Government and a religious sect.
that went well

And in 1993 this the same guy who failed to see the changed dynamic on the ground in Mogadishu, and that got soldiers killed too. If you kill a house full of respected members (in any community) and the public believes they were working toward peace before you blew the crap out of them, you should stand by for consequences. We were almost successful in Somalia up until we pissed off the entire country.

I'm just calling a spade a spade.

The man is blinded by his religious extremism and his opinion hardly holds any water IMO.

A "thug" or "domestic incident" is a random act. You and fellow soldiers being targeted by a religiously motivated sociopath specifically because of who you and your buds are should be on your radar. If you think this was a random act by another run of the mill psychotic, you're not seeing what's right in front of you.
Mortar fire is a random act. House fires are random acts. I still wear my helmet and teach my kids stop drop and roll. Right in front of me I see a group of soldiers ill trained and unable to respond to a threat through fire and maneuver.

I see a failure of leadership.

I see a shifting of blame onto an unnamed and unfix-able group of religious whackos. That offends everything I have ever earned about leadership and personal responsibility. No damn terrorist is responsible for your death, you are responsible for your own life.

Cowboy up or get off the truck.

·
Banned
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you want to put on blinders and fight 1 fight at a time, go ahead. Isn't this the same guy who failed to see the changed dynamic on the ground in Mogadishu, and that got soldiers killed to. I'm just calling a spade a spade.
I would not call him disgraced. He served his country well.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I had an aunt who married a guy and moved to Africa about 50 years ago. I think they moved in just as the Mau Mau rebellion [with some communist help] was just starting.

She told me later, that the local government passed a law, any European who WAS NOT armed [age 14? or over] would be arrested, even at home.

I was a bad place to be. She left Africa and went back to England.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts