Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts

·
Registered
6,679 Posts
Could I add that this is another in the endless list of examples about why we should not entrust ANYTHING to a government agency.

·
Super Moderator
16,079 Posts
The tsa is one of the prime reasons I will never fly commercial again, they are further proof that terrorists are winning.

·
Registered
33,858 Posts
TSA deserves to feel cheeky. They found a toilet paper holder after all. Job well done. See what minimum wage will get you?

·
Registered
7,996 Posts
My favorite TSA story is they held me up after going through the line and put my bag back through twice. I asked them, "Can you tell me what you're looking for? We could speed this up." But they wouldn't tell me. Finally, they found the "dangerous object," a harmonica, which was in a side pocket that was not easy to find. The supervisor handed it to me and told me, like it was my fault, that on X-ray, it looked like a "clip" for a .22 pistol and in future I should put in the tub on the conveyor belt.

·
Premium Member
3,213 Posts
I hate flying.
About 5 years ago the wife and I were flying back home from a wedding in Minnesota.
I had a flask a little less than half full of a very nice single malt I had forgot to put in the checked bags.
Well the wing nut at security spotted it and asked what it was I told him. He smelled it and told me I could not carry it on.
Said I had the option to mail it or leave it.
I came up with a third option.
I guzzled it right there.
Asked him if we were good to go.
He started laughing and waved me on.
Slept the whole way home

·
Registered
792 Posts
Just another p***ing contest. We have the authority to do so, common sense and reasoning be damned!

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
And I wonder who would be stupid enough not to pack it in checked luggage?
I am careful with my carry on, been doing this for too long.

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
Not really when one considers the number of morons the agency employs...
This^

I wonder if the TSA has finished teaching their employees that both the District of Columbia, and New Mexico are in fact in the United States.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
I am certainly no supporter or apologist for the TSA... I fly too much to not realize how worthless they are... BUT... I agree with not letting that on a plane. It could at least be used to make a flight crew BELIEVE they had a gun. Totally shoulda been in their stowed luggage.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
This^

I wonder if the TSA has finished teaching their employees that both the District of Columbia, and New Mexico are in fact in the United States.
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but... When I lived in New Mexico, I called the 800 number for the Olympics to buy some tickets for one of my clients. I gave them my address and the agent told me I would have to call the 800 number for international sales. I tried to explain to no avail. I spoke to a supervisor and got the same response.

I finally told them I would give them my FedEx number and let FedEx worry about getting it across the border. They were fine with that.

·
Premium Member
7,110 Posts
A few years ago: They "got" my son for having a semi truck air horn handle shaped sort of like brass knuckles in his carry on bag. It is one of the products his company sells and he was either going to or coming from a trade show. The whole scene, which included him being surrounded by over 10 "security people," was a total fiasco, and almost made him miss his flight.

They even called the local police to come, to try to get him arrested for carrying brass knuckles. The LEO laughed and said that was a neat air horn handle and most definitely not against any law in that jurisdiction. AND after all of that stupid fubar mess, they still would not let him board with his air horn handle, so it went in a trash can.

·
Registered
7,817 Posts
I am certainly no supporter or apologist for the TSA... I fly too much to not realize how worthless they are... BUT... I agree with not letting that on a plane. It could at least be used to make a flight crew BELIEVE they had a gun. Totally shoulda been in their stowed luggage.
How many household items can be brought onto a plane that could actually be used as weapons? How many things could be brought onto a plane that could at first glance make someone think they had a gun? Do we ban all of those? Meanwhile, my real knife continues to get through security...

Reactions: ETXhiker
1 - 20 of 29 Posts