Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have good news i just got the letter in the mail from the orange county, calif sheriffs dept and i have been preliminary approved all i need to do now is have my fingerprints done, take the class and have my weapons checked for safety by the oc sheriffs dept range. i dont think i will have a probelm with the doj background check as i got both utah and florida permits and a secret clearance from dod. i honetly think haveing both utah and florida plus having been in the millitary helped me get approved plus our sheriff is pro gun. i applyed on dec 27 and got the letter on jan 4 so they turned it arround fast. also wanted to let you guys know that i am in now way connected i am just a regular guy and i even have a misdemeanor conviction for petty theft from before my millitary days. so i will keep you updated on my progress through the rest of the process.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Congrats... keep us posted

·
Registered
750 Posts
So far, so good!

Hope the rest of the process goes that well for you, too.

Semper Fi!

mm

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
That is more than encouraging.

So yeah - let's hope all continues well to a happy conclusion. Certainly good to get a seemingly quick response - has to bode well I hope.

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
congrats,and good luck.

·
Super Moderator
22,132 Posts
Congratulations, best of luck to you.

·
Super Moderator
25,558 Posts
Sounds good, let us know when the process is finished up and you get it!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Now watch yerself around those Liesure World Folks, they can be plum fiesty:)
Congrats! Is that a state wide permit? My sister and Broin Law live up in Redding I believe their permits are statewide. They live in a progun county, as well.
Rob

·
Registered
99 Posts
Now watch yerself around those Liesure World Folks, they can be plum fiesty:)
Congrats!
Rob

·
Administrator
143,816 Posts
Looks Like You're In With The O.C. In Crowd!

Congratulations! Yes, do keep us posted.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah it would be statewide and yes i know what i would like to carry you have to put them on the application with there serial numbers and qual with them i am going to have

springfield armory xd-40 5 inch for the car and house dont plan to carry it much
springfield armory xd-40 sub compact
smith and wesson 442 .38+p

·
Registered
106 Posts
That's great news! The more "regular guys" getting issued permits in California, the better. We just need one of those "pro-gun" sheriffs up here! It's great to see the quick turn around as well, that's how it should be.. Good luck, and congrats....:hand10:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Good Luck Marine,

Semper Fi

1 - 17 of 17 Posts