Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inasmuch as winter fast approaches, I needed two small shovels to throw in the trucks in the event of a snow or ice related "event" (e.g. getting stuck). I preferred small, lightweight, durable and folding type tools, and finally decided on a Glock Entrenchment Tool.

It had the features I wanted:

Spade, shovel, hoe and saw in one tool
Spade can be locked in different positions
Great for camping and backcountry use
Stows in the included nylon pouch

Glock's very first product was the Entrenchment Tool, so I have now acquired a tool with a proud history.

Since I was buying two Glock shovels, I also bought a Glock Field knife while I was at it............

I love it when my wife says "Sure".

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
That's good IMO. Keep it Glock. Personally, I prefer 4wd and a heavy truck. To each his own I reckon. Winter.......I love it, and I'm in need of some snow this year! Any manual labor I'll be getting involved with getting out of a stuck situation will be shifting into low. Shovels are a thing of the past for me.

·
Super Moderator
23,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I Know, I Know!

Personally, I prefer 4wd and a heavy truck. Any manual labor I'll be getting involved with getting out of a stuck situation will be shifting into low.
Come on out to Colorado High Country! I got my 4X4 Suburban stuck, in low, full tanks, in the snow last week in my driveway. :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: With new AT Snows all around. :twak: :rofl: :rofl:

Hence, the new Glocks!:danceban:

A new winch may be in the works, but I always have a Jeep Wrangler 4X4 and chains for pulling.

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
If Glock only made trucks...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Come on out to Colorado High Country! I got my 4X4 Suburban stuck, in low, full tanks, in the snow last week in my driveway. :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: With new AT Snows all around. :twak: :rofl: :rofl:

Hence, the new Glocks!:danceban:

A new winch may be in the works, but I always have a Jeep Wrangler 4X4 and chains for pulling.
Air your tires down to 10psi in the snow. With mud tires, works like a charm. You'll never get stuck :)

·
Registered
806 Posts

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I got lucky, I got both of those as freebees from a Glock rep many years ago. Iv'e dug many a car out of the sand on the beach with the E tool.
Great trunk tools.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts