Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Encouraged by signs the hoarding has just about stopped. A few things are in short supply but people appear to have adjusted and are now tone death to media frenzy world is ending broadcast scare tactics.

Except in one area. Waffles. Eggo Waffles. The hoarding must stop! Seriously people, don’t you eat a variety of breakfast meals? :smile:

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Same goes for hoarding of anything else. The stores are to blame for allowing this to happen. Putting up signs that says that customers are limited on the number of items is just as useful as gun buster signs with no enforcement. When the news came out about all these meat packing plants shutting down the meat isles were cleaned out. "Thank" you news media.

Reactions: OldChap and ctr

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
We haven't had much of a problem finding anything we want through this whole situation. Yes, we have sometimes had to look a bit harder, sometimes we have had to wait a bit and sometimes we don't get the precise choice we would have made. Price hikes have not really been a problem. And of course, gas has been dirt cheap.

We have our own waffle iron and my wife makes better waffles than the store brands. So I have "Leggo my Eggo."

·
Premium Member
3,307 Posts
Friends don't let friends eat frozen waffles.
I have a recipe for live yeast waffles that you have to make the night before.
Light and airy and better than anything in a cardboard box.

1 pkg dry yeast
1/2 cup warm water
1 tsp sugar
2 cups warm whole milk
1/2 cup melted sweet butter
2 large eggs room temp lightly beaten
2 3/4 cups AP flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda

Dissolve yeast in warm water add the sugar and let stand about 5 minutes
Add the milk, butter, eggs mix well
Combine the flour and salt and stir into the wet mix.
Cover and refrigerate overnight
In the morning stir the batter, add the baking soda and stir well
Cook on your favorite iron.

You will never go back to any other waffle. Ever.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Sorry I might be part of the problem. I put it on the shopping list not realizing we had a box buried in 2 different freezers.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Encouraged by signs the hoarding has just about stopped. A few things are in short supply but people appear to have adjusted and are now tone death to media frenzy world is ending broadcast scare tactics.

Except in one area. Waffles. Eggo Waffles. The hoarding must stop! Seriously people, don’t you eat a variety of breakfast meals? :smile:
I will swap you a box for 2 packs of Clorox wipes...

·
Premium Member
7,127 Posts
Homemade pancakes are easy to make - a fun Sunday morning project for those who are still working away from home - and you can make a whole bunch of them and freeze them between sheets of wax paper. Voila: HOMEMADE (way less expensive and way more tasty) "toaster" pancakes. The recipe above from @KILTED COWBOY sounds totally yummy. Not health food, of course, but who cares.

You can also make your own waffles and freeze them, as above, if you have a waffle iron. I sold ours in a garage sale many years ago because I only used it once a year if that often and it wasn't non-stick, therefore it was a pain to clean. We like pancakes just as well!

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Homemade pancakes are easy to make - a fun Sunday morning project for those who are still working away from home - and you can make a whole bunch of them and freeze them between sheets of wax paper. Voila: HOMEMADE (way less expensive and way more tasty) "toaster" pancakes. The recipe above from @KILTED COWBOY sounds totally yummy. Not health food, of course, but who cares.

You can also make your own waffles and freeze them, as above, if you have a waffle iron. I sold ours in a garage sale many years ago because I only used it once a year if that often and it wasn't non-stick, therefore it was a pain to clean. We like pancakes just as well!
We parted with the waffle maker before the recent move. Twice a year didn’t seem worth keeping. Especially since the new house is a downsize.

Pancakes are excellent. Weekly menu option. I use the Bisquick recipe. Tasty.

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Add men's socks and underwear to that list. Shelves are almost empty!
Mixed blessing. I’m furloughed as of today thru the summer. No socks but flips.

Unfortunately I’m losing weight. Over 40 pounds so far. I got smaller underwear a few months back. Might need smaller still by summer’s end.

·
Premium Member
5,759 Posts
Mixed blessing. I’m furloughed as of today thru the summer. No socks but flips.

Unfortunately I’m losing weight. Over 40 pounds so far. I got smaller underwear a few months back. Might need smaller still by summer’s end.
Im sorry about the furlough.

Commando. You can do it.

·
Registered
506 Posts
We parted with the waffle maker before the recent move. Twice a year didn’t seem worth keeping. Especially since the new house is a downsize.

Pancakes are excellent. Weekly menu option. I use the Bisquick recipe. Tasty.
I avoid waffles, pancakes, and donuts. Also limit my bread and pasta intake. Having said that, I do have a homemade pancake recipe around here somewhere, and have used it from time to time for when the wife wants pancakes.

I actually grew up eating pancakes, bacon, sausage, eggs, and toast on Sunday. Sunday breakfast and Sunday dinner were big deals. We used the Bisquick waffle recipe for our pancakes. Good stuff.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I've got eight reefer trucks loaded with Eggo Waffles parked in my back yard.
You can have all the waffles you want for five dollars per waffle.

!!Wait!!
Somebody hijacked my trucks!!!

Never mind.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Can't wait until I can hang at Waffle House at 3am with all my street creeps. All Star with a PLAIN WAFFLE with Maple Syrup. Oh yeah.

Toaster variety just don't make it.

·
Premium Member
6,172 Posts
Friends don't let friends eat frozen waffles.
I have a recipe for live yeast waffles that you have to make the night before.
Light and airy and better than anything in a cardboard box.

1 pkg dry yeast
1/2 cup warm water
1 tsp sugar
2 cups warm whole milk
1/2 cup melted sweet butter
2 large eggs room temp lightly beaten
2 3/4 cups AP flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda

Dissolve yeast in warm water add the sugar and let stand about 5 minutes
Add the milk, butter, eggs mix well
Combine the flour and salt and stir into the wet mix.
Cover and refrigerate overnight
In the morning stir the batter, add the baking soda and stir well
Cook on your favorite iron.

You will never go back to any other waffle. Ever.
Sounds great! Add a handful of pecans, and you'll really be talking! :yup:

Reactions: Sister and OldChap
1 - 20 of 22 Posts