Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe that we all have an core belief system, that each of us adhere to. Its take a real man to admit faults and that he is working on them. I found this video from Yeager. I thought it pertained to our training and our overall life view. I know my faults, and if you ask the wife, she is sure to tell you some that I do not know of. The video made a lot of sense to me... Your thoughts???

·
Registered
42,094 Posts
I was right with you until you got to "Yeager." At that point it all became "ninja."

·
Registered
20,256 Posts
When you reach a certain age, all that "warrior, Bushido" stuff loses out to just leave me and mine the hell alone, or suffer the consequences.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not surprised at your responses. An Open mind is hard to come by these days....

Reactions: redmc

·
Registered
42,094 Posts
I am not surprised at your responses. An Open mind is hard to come by these days....
Some like minds I don't want to think like.

·
Registered
20,256 Posts
Does the code make a warrior?

Reactions: BMAT

·
Premium Member
13,765 Posts
I have a my own personal code of honor. It is how I treat people, animals and the world I live in. I honor my word, defend my family, then those weaker than me. I try to treat everyone with the same respect that I would have them treat me, especially those I disagree with or dislike.

My code is not about war or the warrior but about being an honorable man in a world that seems to only value self indulgence.

As Yoda said Wars do not make one Great

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a my own personal code of honor. It is how I treat people, animals and the world I live in. I honor my word, defend my family, then those weaker than me. I try to treat everyone with the same respect that I would have them treat me, especially those I disagree with or dislike.

My code is not about war or the warrior but about being an honorable man in a world that seems to one value self indulgence.

As Yoda said Wars do not make one Great
Well said.
X2

·
Registered
20,256 Posts
John Wayne made more sense;

" I won't be wronged, I won't be layed a hand on, I don't do this to other people, and I won't have it done to me".

This makes much more since in the world we live.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
A sense of honor, a moral compass, the willingness to stand comfortably & completely alone for either. The "Warrior Code" isn't complicated, it's simply...rare.

Reactions: ccw9mm and Hoganbeg

·
Registered
14,412 Posts
I believe a man should have a code of ethics and behavior. It is difficult to listen to such a poor presenter, he does not know the information and he is certainly not passionate about it.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
There were points he made I agree with but with his being Yeager I can not see his words in his actions. Yeager is not someone I would look to follow.

I choose to follow Jesus the best I can. But I did buy a sword because He is not with me to protect me from evil.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm not a warrior or a sheepdog, I'm a Man making his way through life the best he can. I'm not tough or a bad ass but wrong me or mine and you will see the full extent of what I am capable of. Treat me or mine the way people should treat each other and I will do my best to do the same. I live a code everyday its called being a man. I don't need a warrior code to tell me whats wrong or right, my Dad did that many years ago.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Having a "warrior code" is one thing. Actually having the resolve to live by it is another.

I prefer the simpler approach mentioned by others here.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts