Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've often seen the abbreviated version of this quote from Thomas Jefferson, but this is the first time I have seen the whole thing in context. Guess it's time to do some further reading...

Jefferson.jpg

Jefferson Portrait.jpg

·
Registered
30 Posts
.....Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government..... it is their Right, it is their Duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future Security. Thomas Jefferson...... The Declaration of Independence

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
Well said by Jefferson, and well published by Raven. I copied that quote to my file of Gotcha zingers.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Interesting to note is the fact that Mr. Jefferson founded a political party that remains one of the two main parties in the US. That party is known as the Democrat Party. I wish that the party leadership and members of today were still closely guided by the wisdom of their founder.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Interesting to note is the fact that Mr. Jefferson founded a political party that remains one of the two main parties in the US. That party is known as the Democrat Party. I wish that the party leadership and members of today were still closely guided by the wisdom of their founder.
I can call a turd a turnip, but that doesn't make it so. Calling the Modern Democrat party the party of Jefferson is a parallel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts