Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
143,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey are we slackin' here? :confused:
Is anybody going to review this "new offering" WILSON pistola?
Striker fired al la GLOCK ~ Gas Retarded ~ Buffered Handgun
for less than $600.00 ~ Anybody thinking about buying one?
Seen one yet...or still too early to get a "hands on" look?
It does look interesting.

I'm not sure about that "water pistol" grip configuration though.
I'd hafta actually Hold One before I could decide if it was comfortable enough that I could tolerate the way it looked.

Looks like it has a bit too much of a "bump in the backstrap" for me.

·
Administrator
143,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BlueLion....You Got That Backwards

I want one of you guys to buy one & let ME know how it shoots. :biggrin2:

·
Super Moderator
24,242 Posts
Darn it! Somebody buy one, and let us know how they shoot!

Uglier than a Glock, and almost as ugly as the new Kimber poly.

Would this be like buying a 1911 from Glock? Make about as much sense...

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I wouldn't buy either the new Kimber or the Wilson. And the Wilson in 9mm?? Someone musta had a brain fart over there.

Seems these people haven't done their share of market research. We like at least a little bit o' pretty. -------

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Know what - I'll bet that feels way better than it looks.!

Consider the SW99 of mine - pic below - I actually added the optional larger palm swell and it feels great - better still if having one of the mags in with pinkie extension. And it shoots so darned well too. But is it pretty? No way IMO - pure functionality. Of course no safety on that because decocker but it is striker fired.

I would very much like to try the ADP before dissing it totally - chances are Wilson has done a heap of research and trials and surely would not bring out something that'll flop.

·
Registered
195 Posts
This is a re-labeled South African ADP designed by Alex Du Plessis. ADP pistol uses gas-delayed blowback action with stationery barrel. Gas piston is located below the barrel, and hot powder gases are fed there from the bore via small port near the chamber. Gas piston is inserted into the cylinder from the front, and is connected to the slide, in the same manner as in famous HK P7 pistol. The frame is made from impact-resistant polymer, with removable steel insert that hosts slide rails and barrel. Trigger is striker-fired, double-action only with pre-cocking (therefore second strike on misfired round is impossible without at least a partial slide retraction). Manual safety is somewhat unusual in its placement, as its levers are located just behind the trigger, at either side of the frame. Sights are fixed, with the rear sight blade dovetailed to the slide.

I have the precursor model the "Heritage Stealth". It is a very light and compact 10 shot pistol that utilizes the gas retarded design and functions very well. It is NOT designed for rapid shooting. Due to the gas delay it heats up very quickly.

The price tag of $579 is a bit steep. The Heritage model retailed for half that in 1995.

·
Administrator
143,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ScaryWoody

Whoa! Worthwhile addition. :yup:
Great post ~ Thanks!

·
Registered
324 Posts
500 seems a bit high... I guess your paying more for the Wilson name of course, but what else are they addding into it?
This gun is an old Heritage Stealth that you can find at gunshows some times for as little as 200 bucks. I saw one for 250 at the last one I went to.
Anyways... I'm thinking Wilson has to have to worked the gun over. The design is a good one, so if they redid the action and trigger to make it smoother... with their armor tuff finish... then this would transform the old Stealths and could warrant this extra premium.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
I do belive ill stick to my Kahrs for now guys lol

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
it looks like it has the mumps. it has odd shaped bumps protruding from everywhere. if the fever gets too high,you might get an accidental discharge.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I would buy one just to see how it shoots and feels.It looks like it would be a good back up gun.:haha:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Don't bash and dismiss this pistol so easily. It's worth keeping an eye on. Remember, this gun is gas retarted like the HK P-7 which is so bloody good.
Of course, the Vector CP1 used gas as well... so... there are good posibilities and bad ones. But Wilson doesn't put out bad products so I for one am watching this thing closely.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The Heritage Stealth was basically a good design that with some improvement may have developed into a good competitor to the Glock.

The Heritage shoots very well. I have put about 2000 rounds through mine with no failures to feed or fire. It is very comfortable to shoot. The gas delay reduces felt recoil quite well. The Stealth could have benefited with larger sights, a beefier gas piston, milled rather than cast slide and removal of that horrible safety. It looks like the Wilson ADP at least uses better sights.

The Wilson ADP looks like a straight import of the South African pistol. The SA ADP is only imported into the USA with a 10 round magazine although it is sold in South Africa with a 15 round mag.

I look forward to a review of the Wilson ADP.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts