Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone here that knows me, is familiar with my passion for the Colt 1911. Its actually out of control, err, rampant if you will.

Well, I went to Buds Gun Shop and did a little browsing this week. They had all manner of 1911 designs in the display cabinets, but no Colts. After looking at various models, I told the salesmen that it was too bad they didnt have any Colts.
He kind of looked at me, and said they had a "couple in the back, but they were a little expensive". I said "son, what do I look like to you, chopped liver"? "Hell, bring'em out!"

So, he went and brought out a rather purty but racy Colt in 38 Super called the "Ricardo". Not for me.

But the next case I opened, well I nearly lost my mind. It was the Talo edition Colt Custom Government Model.

Features are, Novak Fiber optic front sight, and Novak wide rear, extended beavertail grip safety with memory bump, extended thumb safety, thin grips, and a National Match barrel.
I took it. I havent shot it yet, but heres some pics. Sorry about the iphone camera quality. I take it out on the virgin run in the morning.
But I dont think my Government model likes it very much, lol

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Sweet machine Mr. glockman! Come on, you can tell us...you're holding it right now, and typing with one hand aren't you? :) Nice!

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Fondled one a few weeks ago. Nice quality pistol. Congrats

·
Registered
933 Posts
Nice! I understand your passion for these fine weapons especially the Colts. Enjoy!

Reactions: G-man*

·
Super Moderator
18,045 Posts
Fine addition to the stable, congrats.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
But the next case I opened, well I nearly lost my mind. It was the Talo edition Colt Custom Government Model.

I took it.
G-man ... you didn't, did you? I mean, prices are rough 'n' all, but you did drop the coin for it, right? :tongue:

Looks like a very nice gun, there. I'll bet it shoots like a dream.

I've been meaning to ask someone: what's "Talo" anyway? Not that you couldn't "burn the midnight oil" with it, too (ie, tallow).

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Great looking gun. You'll never be sorry you bought the best. Range report soon?

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
You have very excellent taste in pistols :yup: :hand10:

Reactions: NONAME762

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Very nice. I have a 1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special. My uncle bought it new in 1950 and I don't believe he EVER shot it. He owned a pawn shop in Houston and just carried on his hip. My cousin (his oldest son) carried it for about another 10 years when he took over the shop from his father. I don't believe he EVER shot it. I got it from my cousin and have put a total of 2 rounds through it. It may very well be the least used .38 in existence.

Congrats on your new "Pony".

·
Super Moderator
18,790 Posts
"...I dont think my Government model likes it very much..."

Don't ya' just hate it when that happens?

Great pistole gman! Sure will be interested in your impressions of its accuracy and opinion of the front/rear sight set-up. What do you think of the trigger so far?

You got me already wanting another Government Model .45...and then I'd like a .38 Super... and even a 9mm.

Can't right away though. I've got a line on an example of an uncommon model of revolver I've wanted to play with that's been near the top of the list for a while. May happen by this time next week.

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
G-man ... you didn't, did you? I mean, prices are rough 'n' all, but you did drop the coin for it, right? :tongue:

Looks like a very nice gun, there. I'll bet it shoots like a dream.

I've been meaning to ask someone: what's "Talo" anyway? Not that you couldn't "burn the midnight oil" with it, too (ie, tallow).

CCW9mm I think the Talos are Hot Hot rounds that tear the living crap out of what they hit. I could be wrong but I think I'm right on The Money.

Reactions: WC145

·
Super Moderator
22,275 Posts
Very nice GMan, congratulations! :hand10:

What do you think of the thin stocks?

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's real nice. Looks like a working mans 1911 should.:smile:
Thanks SatCong. Ill find out tomorrow what she will do.

·
Super Moderator
22,275 Posts
CCW9mm I think the Talos are Hot Hot rounds that tear the living crap out of what they hit. I could be wrong but I think I'm right on The Money.
You're thinking of Winchester's "Black Talon."

·
Administrator
144,135 Posts
A TALO Limited Edition. :king: Very high quality pony pistol. Shoot it in good health.

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Very nice GMan, congratulations! :hand10:

What do you think of the thin stocks?
Thanks OD*. You know what? I really like the feel of them in my hand. My first experience with thin grips, and they feel great! Ill be curious to find out how they effect control of the piece for follow up shots.
I prefer the smooth grips without checkering so that I can reposition my hand if the grip is not perfect from the draw with just a little wiggle of the shooting hand for adjustment, so I wonder how that will effect things.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts