Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my first handgun (ruger lcp) earlier this year, I was only interested in light caliber subcompact pistols; I traded the LCP for a Beretta Nano a month after I bought it; and Last month I bought a Glock 19, and it has become my primary carry gun. And now I'm admiring .45 caliber 1911's; I think I may have caught the bug. :gah:

·
Registered
267 Posts
When I bought my first handgun (ruger lcp) earlier this year, I was only interested in light caliber subcompact pistols; I traded the LCP for a Beretta Nano a month after I bought it; and Last month I bought a Glock 19, and it has become my primary carry gun. And now I'm admiring .45 caliber 1911's; I think I may have caught the bug. :gah:
The only cure I have found is buying another gun. Unfortunately the symptoms seem to return rather quickly lol

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Funny... You buy a firearm and caress it for weeks. Yep! I am done buying for a while. This is my favorite and I'll keep it. Thirty days later you find yourself back at the gun store... Looking for some little special something.:scratchchin:

Reactions: OD* and Aceoky

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Just to warn you; once you buy your first 1911, it's GAME OVER from there and you can kiss any chance of a cure goodbye.

Reactions: OD*

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
We all do it. Finally the last couple of years got rid of all safe queens to my sons. I keep only guns I can cc or nightstand duty. Only exception is MK111 its just to much fun to shoot.

·
Banned
1,774 Posts
I'm glad I got into this late in life. My rationale is I have a house gun, a CC gun, a plinker, and a retired .44mag., so at this age I'll just enjoy what I have and not try to outdo myself with guns = ammo first.

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts
Don't worry. One day you'll wake up and realize you have more guns than there are days in the month. You'll have 2 extra dressers to hold all the holsters that you never use, and probably no longer have a gun for. You'll find ammo in calibers you no longer own. On that day you'll stand in front of the mirror and scream out: "ENOUGH!!! I'm done buying guns and gear!!"

Of course to celebrate your decision you'll go to the nearest gun store and by a new gun. But that's the nature of the beast.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
You have to blame it on the water. The full moon is now a week or so past us. The protective coating they put on guns gets in your bloodstream giving you a craving for more guns with a fresh coating.

·
Premium Member
6,622 Posts
I agree with everyone else re having lots of guns. Man they add up fast.

During the latest gun shortage, I sold some of mine. I had one revolver that I had kept in my desk drawer for over a decade. It was a good gun, but I never really liked it that much, and was too darn big for CC. I switched over to 9mm for CC pistols, so am getting rid of two .40 cals I have, now.

All my life I have heard that guns were a good store of money. Ie they retained value. It seems to be true for all types of guns, with the exception of some shotguns. Because of changes in chamber size, and chokes, it would seem.

So anyway, if you end up with lots of guns, they might not be a bad form of savings, or investment.

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
It is an addiction, had to have a "Fix" yesterday. I personally think that our addictions feed off of each other... Keep them coming....

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Make sure you're easy on the gun buying and keep it at a pace. The only thing worse than the gun bug, is the inability to buy ammo to feed all of them. :hand5:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I introduced my wife to a Sig .22LR Mosquito. The intention was to get her to learn how to handle a gun. That was earlier this year. She is now wanting to trade that Sig for a 9mm. She shot my buddy's Taurus .45 and now she really likes guns. My God what have I created? I'm afraid to go out and buy a 1911 because I know what will happen....she will try to steal it once she fires it..

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Remember the potato chip commercial from years ago. Bet you can't eat just one!!!

BTW the same thing occurs with golf clubs. It's just a different strain of the same virus.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts