Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and we're up against it....

The firearms community has long quipped about gun control strategies from a “playbook,” but yesterday a major gun rights group discovered that advice from a genuine guide to waging a politically-savvy gun control campaign – produced in part by Washington, D.C. consultants who did research for a Washington State gun control group – is part of that group’s political effort.

There is a 'gun control playbook' versus Washington gun owners - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

·
Super Moderator
24,786 Posts
:yup:

And we have a bunch of silk panty folk squealing like piglets and monstrous political wastrels calling for it and we're going to be required to fight tooth and nail.

·
Premium Member
37,524 Posts
If they want to move the ball, they might maybe should get a new playbook.

Reactions: maxwell97

·
Registered
637 Posts
Not surprised. Those people don't have the brains to think for themselves. They need directions.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
The 70-plus page guide, produced last year and posted on-line as a pdf by Temple Beth El though a link no longer appears on the TBE website, is titled “Preventing Gun Violence Through Effective Messaging.”
Here is the direct link to the document: Preventing Gun Violence Through Effective Messaging @ TBE.org.

Useful PDF document search tool: Openpdf.com. Using Openpdf.com to hunt for this one document, the links that pop up come from dozens of anti-gun organizations around the country that have issued opinions, results of studies and summaries of their activities and recommendations for how to "reduce gun violence." Amazing little list, there, if you check the links from the results that pop up just from hunting for this one document. (BTW, if you have troubles popping up any of those links, you can simply copy the URL into a new window, strip off the openpdf.info portion, and simply head to the linked document's location. Works very well.)

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
“Preventing Gun Violence Through Effective Messaging" is code for sway public opinion with propaganda by the lame-stream media and lying politicians.

Reactions: scgunlover1

·
Registered
457 Posts
Put them on the offensive. Lets start with telling them we want full auto back, no tax stamp, and no permits needed. Only 4473,NICS. Tired of being on the defensive all the time. I watched some of these media folk talk and they really, really do not know what they are talking about as well as the politicans. Spewing ignorance on major networks.

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Put them on the offensive. Lets start with telling them we want full auto back, no tax stamp, and no permits needed. Only 4473,NICS. Tired of being on the defensive all the time. I watched some of these media folk talk and they really, really do not know what they are talking about as well as the politicans. Spewing ignorance on major networks.
yeah well... some of us don't believe in those either... Guilty until proven innocent. No thanks.

·
Super Moderator
18,501 Posts
Put them on the offensive. Lets start with telling them we want full auto back, no tax stamp, and no permits needed. NO 4473,NICS. Tired of being on the defensive all the time. I watched some of these media folk talk and they really, really do not know what they are talking about as well as the politicans. Spewing ignorance on major networks.
Fixed it.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah well... some of us don't believe in those either... Guilty until proven innocent. No thanks.
Alas, until the existing law is repealed, you're stuck with it, so better figure out how to make the best of a bad situation.

I've done a follow-up:

‘Gun violence prevention’ is ‘gun control’

Evergreen State gun owners are talking up yesterday’s revelations about a genuine gun control “playbook” and on the Open Carry/Washington forum, one participant answered a fairly common question about whether there is a “pro-gun playbook” that may be used by gun rights advocates.

?Gun violence prevention? is ?gun control? - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
The left has a playbook for everything-its called Rules For Radicals by Saul Alinsky. Read it sometime, everything in the last five years will become crystal clear.

Reactions: msgt/ret

·
Registered
36,326 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
I've been saying this for a long time. We need to stop being reactive and be proactive. In other words go on the offensive. Talk about to great things of gun ownership. Sporting fun, fellowship, more confidence, etc.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
The memo also suggests, “Use a few facts—but only in a way that reinforces the personal frame—not as a recitation of a list of facts without the connection to the personal anguish and loss.”
Sounds really familiar but I just can't seem to remember who I've seen doing just that.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yeah thats true. I agree. It does not stop the criminal anyway. The key is to get these guys that use a firearm in a crime and give them 10+ year minimum. Stop letting them out of prison after a few months.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I've been saying this for a long time. We need to stop being reactive and be proactive. In other words go on the offensive. Talk about to great things of gun ownership. Sporting fun, fellowship, more confidence, etc.
Yes sir, and also they never seem to get around to telling the public that 800,000-2,000,000 people per year save themselves from being a victim by being equipt with a firearm.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts