Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started the night with a coyote shot from about 100 yds. Spun around for a few seconds and fell over. Bullet entered behind shoulder and exited front of shoulder. That video didn't record (forgot to enable video mode on the Reap-ir) but it did remind me to enable video on the scope which allowed me to get the next 14 confirmed hog kills from this sounder on video.
Couple hours later driving/scanning I spotted "a couple" hogs.....
equipment used: 12.5" ARP upper in 6.8 SPCII from Eric at Blackstone Arms. Reap-IR thermal scope from Cliff at Third Coast Thermal. Sig Sauer 762 titanium QD suppressor from Silencer Shop. Helmet mounted PVS-14.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,311 Posts
Wow! Busy night!!!

So what happens to all the hog meat?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Looks like a fun night...nicely done video too! Thank you for posting.

Reactions: theblakester

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whoa sorry it took so long to respond...
PEF, unfortunately I didn't take any of the hog meat. My freezer is already full and by the time I rounded them all up, it was almost 4am. There are just so many and they reproduce so fast they're treated like rats. Sometimes I take the meat for a friend, the landowner, myself or the landowners friends. But ya there were some good eaters in that group. Those smaller ones woulda been relatively quick and easy to get some meat off of.
Pacanis- that reminds me of white bass fishing during spawning season... which might be going on right about now down here in tx
Shootergranny- I'm hoping to make it back out tomorrow night.. hopefully I can get in em again!
Struckat- I agree! Normally even the good sized the adults don't run more than 50 yards with a solid shoulder shot.. but they are tough creatures.. Neck shots pretty much always drops em though.
Thanks yall!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Wild pork yummy tastes like hot n spicy sausage!

Could be coyote though. Best not to ask.

Sent via my subspace communicator

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Looks like the freezer is full.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts