Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even I am impressed by this!

NSSF: Americans Own 423 Million Firearms…And Climbing

.....The estimated total number of firearms in civilian possession from 1986-2018 is 422.9 million, according to data reported in the ATF’s Firearms Commerce Report in the United States 2019 report and including the preliminary 2018 Annual Firearms Manufacturing and Exportation Report (AFMER) figures.
17,740,000 Modern Sporting Rifles are in private ownership today.

More than half (54%) of all rifles produced in 2017 were modern sporting rifles.

In 2017, 7,901,218 total firearms were produced and imported. Of those, 4,411,923 were pistols and revolvers, 2,821,945 were rifles and 667,350 were shotguns.

Read the whole thing here:
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/nssf-americans-own-423-million-firearms-and-climbing/

·
Registered
915 Posts

.....The estimated total number of firearms in civilian possession from 1986-2018 is 422.9 million, according to data reported in the ATF’s Firearms Commerce Report in the United States 2019 report and including the preliminary 2018 Annual Firearms Manufacturing and Exportation Report (AFMER) figures.

More than half (54%) of all rifles produced in 2017 were modern sporting rifles.

In 2017, 7,901,218 total firearms were produced and imported. Of those, 4,411,923 were pistols and revolvers, 2,821,945 were rifles and 667,350 were shotguns.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/nssf-americans-own-423-million-firearms-and-climbing/
Not to worry. Your benevolent and caring government can easily handle such numbers, even though they can't do anything about robo-calls or telemarketers, and have already declared there is no way they can keep track of 12-20 million illegal aliens.

·
Premium Member
4,312 Posts

Does that qualify as "in common use"? I would think so.

·
Premium Member
1,510 Posts

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
I assume the ~18 million MSRs include all of the Thompson, M1 carbine, AK-47, UZI, HK, M1A, etc. style platforms produced over the past century in private hands?

·
Super Moderator
18,069 Posts
That's just the ones that require the unconstitutional, illegal, and ridiculous infringement known as a background check to be called in.

Many states, such as Arkansas the background check is waived if you have a Concealed Carry license. I did several on Black Friday that I never called in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
These numbers do not mean anything to the anti gun zombies that want to restrict our rights.....but I think that says alot about what is going on out there.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
These numbers do not mean anything to the anti gun zombies that want to restrict our rights.....but I think that says alot about what is going on out there.
I disagree at least in part. I do think these numbers indicate that the idea that there will be a mass confiscation of firearms from private hands by the government is pie in the sky. No doubt they will continue to try to take down gun owners one by one with "red flag" laws, making legal transfers more difficult, and making more and more felony crimes related to not adhering to their rules thus expanding the "prohibited persons" list.

They will continue to hate those of us who love freedom, but I do think these numbers mean they will never succeed into turning us into Europe or Australia. The cat is out of the bag. I see it as 423+ million middle fingers raised to such people.

·
Registered
802 Posts
It doesn't seem like pie in the sky to me. Other countries have disarmed their citizens. I think it could happen here too. Get the right people in power and things can change drastically.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
It doesn't seem like pie in the sky to me. Other countries have disarmed their citizens. I think it could happen here too. Get the right people in power and things can change drastically.
Other countries haven't had the task of seizing nearly half a billion firearms from every corner of their land. They will try to and probably succeed in passing more laws rules and regulations to degrade our ability to freely exercise our rights. I still think the task of rounding up more guns than there are people in this country is pretty much a non starter. Disarming the citizens of Venezuela and disarming the citizens of the United States are two different animals.

What ever the eventual legalities regarding legal firearm ownership in America become, guns will be oozing from every pore of the American landscape for a long time to come.

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
When you consider 423 million guns in America, the percentage used in killings are quite small.
But lets not let facts get in the way of trashing our rights.
Lets see if we can reach 500 million by the end of 2020.
I like setting goals.
Excellent goal, my friend.

And we, hereabouts, can help achieve that objective at our LGSs.

(I can think of a few close rels that just might like something that says "for your home defense" for Christmas.)

Reactions: G26Raven

·
Registered
572 Posts
Agreed. And look where it got them. The UK's and Chicago's high rates of violence are legendary.

Sam Elliot - You actually believe criminals would obey gun control laws -- You're a special kind.jpg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts