Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd forgotten how much Sig magazines cost.

So check this out, I'm cruising for some Sig mags and I find this.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=131004

$52!!!! I think not my friend.

CDNN has a slightly more reasonable deal at $25 for the 8 rounders but even at that, those are used.

Come on, the XD45 mags hold 13 rounds and will retail around $26. A single stack 7 or 8 round mag is just not that expensive to make, not even a good one. Brand new Wilson 47Ds are single stack .45 ACP mags and among the best in existence and they're around $27 new.

This is a bit much for me to stomach. Midway USA has the 8 rounder for $72!!!!!

That's absurd, it really is.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I felt moderately lucky when I tracked down three 15 rounders for the 226 - forget where right now cos it followed some searches. They were sold as ''used'' but in fact when I got them they were grade A1 - $29 each IIRC. I did pay high for two new 20 rounders someone was selling on a board - $40 each but hey - still saved me some bucks on those.

Mag's often seem visciously priced - I recall something like $59 quoted when I thought of adding another to my P12.45 before I got rid of it. I can digest prices up to maybe $25-30 but after that the pain gets too much!!

Heck - when you can pick up AK mags for $5 sometimes - well - bit of contrast. Gotta say tho as we all know - semi's must gave good mags or we get problems.

·
Administrator
143,595 Posts
For a while there many slightly used SIG Police Deprtment mags were being sold on Ebay. The price sure was right & I bought some. They were fantastic & like new condition. I should say that I took a chance & bought them sight unseen with no auction photo. The seller did not have a digital camera. Worked out GREAT for me though.
I picked some up for $15.00 each for 6 + Shipping which was $10.00 & a buck~thirty~five for Insured Delivery.
Right now some P.D. is selling 42 SIG holsters in one auction?:blink:
Anybody need 42 Safariland SIG holsters & mag holders? :biggrin2:

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
And I thought HK USP mags were bad at $35 a piece.

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
wow............we have em for 38.50 new,,,,,,,,,,,,,and used for prices ranging from 10 bucks to 25 bucks.................gonna open up my own store then ............<yelling and pointing at myself> "killer deals on Sig Mags here! LOL

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I knew there was a reason I liked single stacks. Haven't bought a high cap mag since my Beretta 92fs around '93 or '94 I guess. Even then I KNOW I didn't pay over $30 or so for 15 rounders. Over $50 for one mag is just plain robbery.

Glad I resisted the urge to get that Para P13 when I got my Mil-Spec. What's the world coming to?
Jack

·
Banned
318 Posts
IIRC, CDNN had some factory refurbished 226 mags for sale.

Can't remeber the price but they looked new I bought 5 and they work fine.

Maybe around 29.95???

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Those were what I was after Ed but at that time they were outa stock - and so my search which led me to a guy who had some comin' in - that worked out well and that price was I think about the going rate.

I do accept some fiscal downside if buying quality - as long as that quality is there - with the SIG mag's it most certainly is.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I understand quality costs, but this is just silly. I understand not everything can be a bargain like the XD mags. Were the magazines $35 brand new I could even stomach that, but this is obscene.

·
Registered
791 Posts
This is one of the reasons I bought a Glock. The mags are like $20 new.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Bud White said:
if you paying 20$ for your glock mags your still paying to much.
Bud, where do you buy your Glock mags?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Bud's Gun Shop has MecGar 17rnd/9mm/ Sig 226 mags for $17.82 each.

www.budsgunshop.com

Are factory Sig mags worth $30+ more?

I'll be using these for CCW, not just range use.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts