Defensive Carry banner

They haven't got a clue!

1246 Views 31 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  demanic
They are on the news big time here in Illinois. These self made weapons experts - mostly young women who are testifying in Springfield about how this law or that law will stop crime and save lives.
I think that the police should be protesting when these lawmakers want to pass more laws because the police aren't able to enforce all of the laws that we have in Illinois already and more unenforceable laws just make them look bad.
If they did enforce all of the laws there wouldn't be dozens of shootings in Chicago every weekend.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
8,302 Posts
Professor Plum with the candlestick in the library.
Outerwear Vision care Flash photography Cap Gesture

· Registered
4,890 Posts
We see this kind of ignorance by the public at large time and time again. The eco-wackos in Colorado have taken advantage of this and pushed various items onto the ballot. Then they finance big advertising campaigns tugging at emotions. Some examples of this are the banning of the Spring bear hunt season, elimination of baiting bears, elimination of using dogs for bear hunting, reintroduction of wolves. There is already some buyers remorse on the wolf reintroduction, residents of Vail and Aspen have started to whine, concerned about the safety of their kids, after they saw the reintroduction plan and realizing that they're in the planned reintroduction area.

In general, the public is very poor at making decisions on policy in many domains, firearms, agriculture, hunting and wildlife management being only a few of those domains.

· Registered
4,181 Posts
We see this kind of ignorance by the public at large time and time again. The eco-wackos in Colorado have taken advantage of this and pushed various items onto the ballot. Then they finance big advertising campaigns tugging at emotions. Some examples of this are the banning of the Spring bear hunt season, elimination of baiting bears, elimination of using dogs for bear hunting, reintroduction of wolves. There is already some buyers remorse on the wolf reintroduction, residents of Vail and Aspen have started to whine, concerned about the safety of their kids, after they saw the reintroduction plan and realizing that they're in the planned reintroduction area.

In general, the public is very poor at making decisions on policy in many domains, firearms, agriculture, hunting and wildlife management being only a few of those domains.
That's funny, those rich libs in Vail and Aspen put politicians in office who habitually release violent criminals but who are suddenly afraid for their kids.
There hasn't been a wild wolf attack on a kid in this country since I've been alive. Their kid is more likely to get mauled by someones pet dog, and who cares what happens to kids in the cities where these criminals search for prey.

· Registered
21,919 Posts

A curious question, why do folks hunt bear? I don’t hunt nor do I know a lot about bears. I’ve never heard of people eating bear so never really understood why folks hunt them, for what?

· Registered
4,890 Posts
A curious question, why do folks hunt bear? I don’t hunt nor do I know a lot about bears. I’ve never heard of people eating bear so never really understood why folks hunt them, for what?
To control the population. Too many bears results in an increased number of bear/human conflicts which often end badly for both human and bear.

· Registered
21,919 Posts
Yes! Right now they are discussing passing law that would ban the AR typeof rifles and limiting the capacity of magazines to 12 rounds. Why my post doesn;t make sense to some people is beyond me.
(Raising hand) is it cause we’d be stuupid or we ain’t liv’d in ill-a-noise Afore?

· Registered
4,890 Posts
Interesting how these mag capacity bans always exempt law enforcement. Can you imagine the push back if they didn't? But why do cops get more rounds to shutdown a bad guy? Why do cops need an AR for defense but a civilian does not? Of course, the answer is that it is because clueless legislators said so, ignorant as they are in the domain of self-defense as they are in many other domains. They'd rather follow special interests which fill their campaign coffers than ever listen and become educated in a domain and then make an educated decision.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts