Defensive Carry banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
I agree with the detrimental effects of not interacting with relatives.

Family members should have priority in being tested, once they are negative, they could be allowed to visit their loved one. I know they could contract the virus the next day after their test, but some interaction is necessary.
Nothing is perfect but using precautions is the best we can do.

Like a lot of questions about the virus...what's worse, the sickness or the cure?
Or, if you visit your Mother and bring in groceries that you just got for her, you got exposed in the grocery store, bring it in & everyone gets it.
Not a what if.. but my mother-in-law is there

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
SCOTUS has ruled one has only to identify oneself and verbal ID is okay, that one does not have to carry ID.
Since some people don't have any ID.........Since you don't have to provide ID to vote, some people will never get an ID......

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
No. I don’t trust the government...
I'd like to give the government the benefit of a doubt but I'm less likely to do so today.

Reactions: Hoganbeg and G-man*

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
In December, January, and February what was identified by doctors as a 'viral infection' ripped through our small (~10,000) town. At one point there were 140 kids absent from the middle school. The symptoms?: High Fever (102-103 for me), dry cough, headache, shortness of breath. We assume that our community already had Covid-19, since this predated the big scare. It was like a bad flu year, but it didn't kill any businesses or shut anything down.

Anybody else think they already had Covid??
Same thing happened here. On Feb 4th, after 24 hours of oncoming symptoms, I had a fever of 102.4, headache, dry cough, shortness of breath...and by the 5th every joint in my body ached. I knew it was something I hadn't experienced before so I called my Dr first thing that morning and was in the Dr's office at 11:45am. And I'm one who doesn't go to the doctor unless it's absolutely necessary.

The first thing she asked me was if I'd traveled from China recently. I said No but I had been around a group of about 60 people the previous Sat night in a small wine bar. Dr ran Flu A&B tests, which came back negative. Then my Dr said I definitely had a viral bug of some sort and called in some meds for me. It was Symbicort and Prednisone. That was on the 5th. I started taking the meds that night and within 24 hours my fever was almost normal and my other symptoms were noticeably improving. But it ended up taking a full 15 days to completely kick it out of my system and feel almost normal.

In the process of my healing my wife came down with it and went thru the same process. We were both feeling fine by March 1, but she asked me just a couple of days ago if I thought what we had was C-19. I don't know but it wasn't like anything I'd ever had before. However, those two meds kicked it to the curb.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
We have a growing chinese community here in Eau Claire, WI. That, and we have many people from the Philippines as well. They, or their family members, will travel through the various major airports, where people come into contact, with international travelers from all over. Especially the other asian nations of that region.

We had a nasty flu virus, that had the same symptoms to what the wuhan virus has, hit at Christmas time. It was the second worst flu strain I've seen hit the staff, and it was not that bad aside from lingering for roughly for three weeks. Typically about a third of the staff get the yearly flu that hits. Almost twice as many people got sick with the flu in January. Irritating flu to say the least, but we worked through it. Some of us needing to take a couple days off at its peak, but that was it.

I wonder if there is a test to see if someone was infected with the wuhan virus? It would be interesting to see those results. We also have one of the lowest confirmed wuhan infections in the state. However, with the number of tests done vs the overall population, that doesn't necessarily mean much.

·
Premium Member
3,981 Posts
We have a growing chinese community here in Eau Claire, WI. That, and we have many people from the Philippines as well. They, or their family members, will travel through the various major airports, where people come into contact, with international travelers from all over. Especially the other asian nations of that region.

We had a nasty flu virus, that had the same symptoms to what the wuhan virus has, hit at Christmas time. It was the second worst flu strain I've seen hit the staff, and it was not that bad aside from lingering for roughly for three weeks. Typically about a third of the staff get the yearly flu that hits. Almost twice as many people got sick with the flu in January. Irritating flu to say the least, but we worked through it. Some of us needing to take a couple days off at its peak, but that was it.

I wonder if there is a test to see if someone was infected with the wuhan virus? It would be interesting to see those results. We also have one of the lowest confirmed wuhan infections in the state. However, with the number of tests done vs the overall population, that doesn't necessarily mean much.
They're working on that right now.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Another reason we need to end the shutdown - not only is it ruining our economy, it is emboldening the many closet authoritarians in various levels of Federal, State and local government.
Libertarians have the most to gain and learn from this pandemic. Policy wise, we are left mostly on the sidelines to watch political and policy power drift into the hands of authoritarians to one degree or another, driven by a nobel and outdated ideology of free markets vs closed markets.

I have believed for some time that there are no free markets, only managed markets. Libertarians have the most to gain here with an idea of well managed, good and decent markets.

Of course, we'll leave it to the plebs and stock holders and consumers to say how such managed markets will turn out.

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Yet so many do.
How will we know how to trust modern markets or governments? - thanks to Ben Franklin, we have reason to have faith in modern experimentation.

So far as I can tell, the Libertarians are too stoned to say.

I'll leave it for somebody else to explain what that means.

·
Registered
446 Posts
No, but if police suspect them of committing a crime, they can detain them until their identity is established. In this case, the person was suspected of violating the Colorado Public Health order, which is a misdemeanor.
For a public health misdemeanor they hand cuff him and stuff him in a car in front of his child. Would these be the same police that wouldn't kick down your door to confiscate weapons if so ordered...:rolleyes:
One would need to be a complete cop groupie to justify this type of crap. JMO

·
Registered
8,141 Posts
For a public health misdemeanor they hand cuff him and stuff him in a car in front of his child. Would these be the same police that wouldn't kick down your door to confiscate weapons if so ordered...:rolleyes:
Yep, they would. I'm not trying to justify it, just saying what the law is. That means this sort of behavior is state supported and not a one-off. It also means a person would have a harder time getting any redress in the courts.

·
Registered
276 Posts
This entire circus is just government finding out exactly how much over reach the population will tolerate.

If this would have simply been allowed to run it's course from the beginning it would probably be over by now.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Its like I live in another universe. No "stay at home orders from the Government", no forced closures of businesses. nobody turning their neighbors in or drones telling people to disperse, nobody being arrested for playing with their kids, no road blocks or house to house gestapo tactics.
Yes, we have "guidelines" but, several restaurants are still open and just not seating as many people. People are in the parks and traffic on the roads has not changed. Nobody closing gun stores or coming up with authoritarian rules against the Constitution.
I would not live in some of the dictatorships you all put up with.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts