Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine went to a gun show this weekend looking for a small handgun. He called me and said he got one and the dealer told him this was a great weapon. He bought it for $240.00 and it is a .22 LORCIN. I told him he got ripped off big time they are not worth having. I really hate it when a guy puts faith in a person for a purchase and a gun dealer does this to them. If it was me I would go find him and stick it right were the sun does not shine.:aargh4:

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Your friend should have done his research before going to the show! Throwing a gun virgin to the sharks is asking to get shafted.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Your friend should have done his research before going to the show!
I agree, with all the info available on the net, there's really no excuse for not doing research before buying a gun...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Looks like you're going to be the one that he goes to for troubleshooting when the gun has trouble shooting. heh.

·
Registered
759 Posts
If he had got ripped off at a gun store i would be furious and let everybody know never to shop there (Marks Guns in Florence, KY). But at a gun show? You better come prepared and informed.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Your friend just paid for an education, and got one.

·
Banned
1,059 Posts
What the hell is a Lorcin? It is too bad that your buddy did not take his time and ask some other gun guys that were no doubt all around him, educational and interesting and fun to just walk around and talk about guns. In Dayton, Ohio, we go to the Bill Goodman Gun & Knife Shows, with the spies of that NYC Mayor Bloomturd guy.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
The fact that you dont know what it is...says volumes about its quality. They are crap. I agree what the other poster said...he paid for a good education. Best thing he can do is hope to sell it for a little nit of money and get some back.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I am not sure why the gun show vendor was at fault. Obviously he thought the guns weren't half bad (or at least good enough that people would buy them) or he wouldn't stock them. Its his job to sell what he has in stock its the consumers job to do research and make sure they are getting what they really want. No one expects a car sales man to tell you the faults with cars on their lot why would you expect more from a gun vendor? If you believe every salesman you meet you would own a house full of as seen on tv junk.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I hate to see folks get ripped off like this as well. Thing is......the gun biz ain't for novices. Going to a gun show and green? Take a friend along who knows firearms and pay their entry fee. It'll be well worth it if you're looking to buy.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
A friend of mine went to a gun show this weekend looking for a small handgun. He called me and said he got one and the dealer told him this was a great weapon. He bought it for $240.00 and it is a .22 LORCIN. I told him he got ripped off big time they are not worth having. I really hate it when a guy puts faith in a person for a purchase and a gun dealer does this to them. If it was me I would go find him and stick it right were the sun does not shine.:aargh4:
I like the way your friend shops, and I have a used car I'll give him a great deal on...:yup::blink::image035:

As adults, we need to do our homework, do research, and shop around. If not, we learn expensive lessons.:22a::ziplip:

·
Registered
136 Posts
I went to the Indianapolis 1500 and seen really good deals, but I also seen the crooks too. i seen a 92FS for 1700.00 brand new with nothing special with it. the carnie type worker told me "it's a military issued" sigh. Came with the official "police box" because he ran out of the "military crate". yeah. I wouldnt' buy anything that's not NiB from a gun show and certainly not if it wasn't a really good deal. I like to know who and where I bought something. Not from someone who's going to be gone tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Your friend just paid for an education, and got one.
Fortunately he got a relatively cheap education compared to some others we've all heard about.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
I call that stupid tax. We all have to pay it at one time or another. When we get tired of paying it we become educated.

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Awful when something like that happens. I agree that your friend should have done his homework before going to the gun show to get a gun, but still. I guess that something similar has happened to all of us at least once; if not with guns with cars or with whatever else (I still remember my first car:xpb_cry:). If I was your friend I should try to sell that thing asap knowing that I will lose money.

EVEN IF the Lorcin was worth owning (which it isn't) ...
Let me tell you that you are wrong! Some Lorcin's look quite nice on the desk when used as paper paperweight :smile:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts