Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I wear a Comptac MTAC for my normal CC holster. I'm looking to expand my carry options to include OC. Being as its winter right now, and I'm in a heavy coat when outside, I'm considering a thigh holster. I have a XD9 4", can anyone out there recommend a good, reasonably priced thigh holster? I'd like one that is specifically designed for the XD (as opposed to the cheap generic ones) but that wont break the bank.

Any suggestions?

Thanks !

·
Registered
809 Posts
Unless you're running a chest rig for a rifle daily, I'd pass on thigh rigs. Heck, even in the case of chest rigs, a lot of people are straying from thigh rigs. I know what you mean about the issue with a big coat, but the key is training to make it work, maybe even getting a different coat.

A good thigh right like a Safariland will set you back $100+ and they're about the best I've dealt with.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you for your input, maybe i'll just look into a nice OWB holster and a new coat.

may i ask what is making people stray away from thigh rigs?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I used a thigh rig this winter when I was hunting to carry my 45. I switched back to my JIT slide OWB. Thigh holsters aren't nearly as practical as they are "Tacticool". It got hung on every tree limb/bush I walked past. Of course I was using a generic Army surplus holster (which actually fits the gun perfectly), so a good safariland or other name brand may be a little better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts