Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got this invitation, which I why I started this thread about things just being different in the South. Try to imagine a similar email going out in NY, NJ, CA, OR, WA, or even PA these days!

We've partnered with Gas South and our local EV advocates to bring you our first ever Powering Your Business Seminar. Join us for an interactive breakfast event created just for you, our commercial members. During breakfast, we will host educational sessions on:

Your energy needs – both gas and electric
Adding electric vehicles to your fleet
Workplace electric vehicle charging – where to start and what resources Cobb EMC has available for you

When: Wednesday, August 21, 8 a.m. - 11 a.m.

Join us for breakfast and networking at 8 a.m. The formal program will begin at 8:30, and we will wrap up at 11 a.m. A facility tour of the Gun Club will be available following the event.

Where: Governors Gun Club, 1005 Cobb Place Boulevard NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I just got this invitation, which I why I started this thread about things just being different in the South. Try to imagine a similar email going out in NY, NJ, CA, OR, WA, or even PA these days!

We've partnered with Gas South and our local EV advocates to bring you our first ever Powering Your Business Seminar. Join us for an interactive breakfast event created just for you, our commercial members. During breakfast, we will host educational sessions on:

Your energy needs – both gas and electric
Adding electric vehicles to your fleet
Workplace electric vehicle charging – where to start and what resources Cobb EMC has available for you

When: Wednesday, August 21, 8 a.m. - 11 a.m.

Join us for breakfast and networking at 8 a.m. The formal program will begin at 8:30, and we will wrap up at 11 a.m. A facility tour of the Gun Club will be available following the event.

Where: Governors Gun Club, 1005 Cobb Place Boulevard NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144
I put a pig in the ground...I got some beer on ice....All my rowdy friends are coming over tonight.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Nope , I've never gotten a invite such as that , we get invites to regular happenings at our local gun club
various shooting matches, camping, fishing, swimming etc .

Not everyone in N.Y. are anti-gun ....

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
Hey, take it easy on PA. I love it here. Our gun clubs, as far as I know, avoid getting entangled with corporate events except for businesses in the firerms industry.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, take it easy on PA. I love it here. Our gun clubs, as far as I know, avoid getting entangled with corporate events except for businesses in the firerms industry.
Hey, I'm from PA myself. Bottom line, PA is WAY more 2A friendly than those states behind enemy lines but I never saw anything like a utility holding a business meeting at the local HIGH end gun club with a tour and freebies when I was living in Montgomery County, PA. Just sayin'. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,351 Posts
We had a SWAT officer killed in the line of duty about 2 years ago and the company I work for partnered with that police department to do a fund raiser at a local range.
Got to shoot in competition with SWAT officers. Also held a raffle to win a gun.
I won a brand new Sig 1911 Tacops .45.
I would say we are pretty gun friendly down here.

·
Registered
8,433 Posts
I took my Utah CCW class at the county visitor's center. I went to a meeting of the local Friends of the NRA at the town library. Neither of those things would have happened in California where we lived previously.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We had a SWAT officer killed in the line of duty about 2 years ago and the company I work for partnered with that police department to do a fund raiser at a local range.
Got to shoot in competition with SWAT officers. Also held a raffle to win a gun.
I won a brand new Sig 1911 Tacops .45.
I would say we are pretty gun friendly down here.
Well, you are in the Lone Star State after all. Very nice that they did that for his family. Wish we saw more of that sort of thing all across the US.

·
Banned
359 Posts
Correct, things are different in the south. Things are behind the times, the people are rude, taxes are higher and the weather sucks. There is ABSOLUTELY no reason for anyone from the Left coast or up north to go down there. You will hate it!! I can't wait to move to Jursey, Illannoying or Kalifornication!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,173 Posts
Correct, things are different in the south. Things are behind the times, the people are rude, taxes are higher and the weather sucks. There is ABSOLUTELY no reason for anyone from the Left coast or up north to go down there. You will hate it!! I can't wait to move to Jursey, Illannoying or Kalifornication!!!!
Don't forget to tell them that the food sucks, too!

They sure wouldn't want to have to subject themselves to NC-style BBQ, or the seafood from along the coast. That would be almost as bad as the authentic Cajun food if they came down here! We owe it to them to warn them not to come South!!! :yup:

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Don't forget to tell them that the food sucks, too!

They sure wouldn't want to have to subject themselves to NC-style BBQ, or the seafood from along the coast. That would be almost as bad as the authentic Cajun food if they came down here! We owe it to them to warn them not to come South!!! :yup:
Boiled okra and grits. That’s all we eat. Every day.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Hey, I'm from PA myself. Bottom line, PA is WAY more 2A friendly than those states behind enemy lines but I never saw anything like a utility holding a business meeting at the local HIGH end gun club with a tour and freebies when I was living in Montgomery County, PA. Just sayin'. ;)
I was working in Wisconsin a while back, went to the eye doctor. The girl taking my info asked what my dominant eye was. Before I could answer she said “What eye do you shoot with?”

Some of them northern places are gun friendly. :yup:

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
I was working in Wisconsin a while back, went to the eye doctor. The girl taking my info asked what my dominant eye was. Before I could answer she said “What eye do you shoot with?”

Some of them northern places are gun friendly. :yup:
Yes they are. In Arizona my dentist carries a 1911 under his shirt. We have shot together and we talk about weapons. The gals there get in on the conversation about shooting and weapons.:yup:

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I have family in Pensacola Fl. 6 or 7 years ago one of my cousins was killed there in a head on collision. The coroner put his face back together with wax, put his racing gloves on his mangled hands, put him on a slab and had a short wake before they put him in the oven (wake n bake I guess). The wake had to be short because we were warned the wax would melt. They played "Whisky bent and Hell bound" then we all went out and ate at a Chinese buffet. We took some of his ashes back to MO, and spread em out by one of our deer stands on my dads property. If that ain't country you can..............well...........you know.

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
The local branch of the Fraternal Order of Police just had their annual Gun Bash(gun show/fundraiser). They raffled off over 30 or so guns. Probably not something you see in NYC.
Our FOP Lodge (second largest in AL) gives away a gun every year at the Christmas party and gives away ammo at the monthly meetings as door prizes.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts