Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
I have family in Pensacola Fl. 6 or 7 years ago one of my cousins was killed there in a head on collision. The coroner put his face back together with wax, put his racing gloves on his mangled hands, put him on a slab and had a short wake before they put him in the oven (wake n bake I guess). The wake had to be short because we were warned the wax would melt. They played "Whisky bent and Hell bound" then we all went out and ate at a Chinese buffet. We took some of his ashes back to MO, and spread em out by one of our deer stands on my dads property. If that ain't country you can..............well...........you know.
Craze..sorry Dude.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
My girls won't eat either of them...

I have failed as a father.

Oh, wait...

There's this:

You know you've done right when your daughter is the best shot in school and wants a Barrett for her birthday! My daughter's first sticker on her car was "Reach out and touch someone!" And it was not an AT&T ad either.......

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
BETTER!!!! Things are BETTER in the south. Not just different, but BETTER!!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Concerning the South, I have heard something about RC Cola & Moonpies?
I ate a Moonpie, once.
Never again!

What a waste of good...well, OK, pretty good...chocolate!

:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
16,358 Posts
Love me a big plate of biscuits and sausage gravy along with some bacon and eggs and extra biscuits to go with the butter and molasses.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Oh, someone else with good memories! My maternal grandparents had an 80 acre farm in the bottom part of AL when I was growing up. A Saturday evening treat was to go to the local mom & pop store where my granddad would buy us an RC and a Moon Pie, if we had been good that week. Wish my kids could have experienced those times.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Love me a big plate of biscuits and sausage gravy along with some bacon and eggs and extra biscuits to go with the butter and molasses.
I'm as No'thrun as you can get, but I, too, love biscuits and sausage gravy.
I'll have to pass on the bacon and eggs on the side. There just isn't that much room in my belly, any more.
But an extra biscuit or two, with butter and honey, would go down well with the coffee.

Reactions: msgt/ret

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Oh, someone else with good memories! My maternal grandparents had an 80 acre farm in the bottom part of AL when I was growing up. A Saturday evening treat was to go to the local mom & pop store where my granddad would buy us an RC and a Moon Pie, if we had been good that week. Wish my kids could have experienced those times.
The brewpub down the street from me sells Moon Pies and RC cola for the kids. I'll walk my son down every other week or so and have a pint while he plays with the other toddlers and makes a mess of a Moon Pie.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts

Gotta put peanuts in that RC Cola for it to be official.

Born and raised in NC/SC, we had gun CLUBS in our high school and were encouraged to shoot straight. I was a member of the FFOA and in the Carolinas that didn’t always mean we were into Tobacky, back then (70’s) we took what the teacher grew and headed to the Blueridge mountains for a Skewl Daze trip...pretty cool teacher! 😎

BTW, it being tobacky country we did have a smoking “section” right at the front door and were encouraged to smoke - teachers had their own smoking lounge. Not promoting it I hate cigarettes now but this was way back then and it was normal in the Carolinas.

Yes things ARE different in the South, lets hope it stays that way!

21 - 40 of 53 Posts