Think you're doin' ok here in the USA? Well, here's how it went in Costa Rica.
Things didn't change all of a sudden here, but rather little by little. For many years we had very relaxed regulation with regards to firearms and things worked perfectly fine. You could go into any gun shop, buy a gun and walk out or even bring one from the US in your checked baggage, declare it at the airport, pay a small fee and you were good to go. All of sudden with the Nicaragua/Contras situation, the government slowly started introducing minor changes to the firearms' law and people sat back and said "don't worry, it's not that bad". That's how it started. Now after a few years of allowing the government to introduce little pieces of legislation here and there, they are finally ready to land the final blow and soon there will be PROHIBITION.
I know most of you in the US are not worried about Obama's gun control, but I urge you to fight for every inch of your rights or you will regret it later.
I really want to believe this but unfortunately I'm more inclined to believe that we will all hang seperately.Unlike the AWB of 1994 technology has advanced to a point that has galvanized gun owners like never before and we are not going to abide by any infringement on the second amendment,They want to ban guns because we are "The People" that will be hanging them for TREASON if they continue trying to trample on the Constitution
If only we would hold crimes against the Constitution to be a treasonable offense, and treat it like that.They want to ban guns because we are "The People" that will be hanging them for TREASON if they continue trying to trample on the Constitution
In spots where public carry has been dramatically curtailed, then the loss has been a dramatic reduction in the ability of people to defend themselves. If only one or two "sleepy-eyed fellows" were put there as so-called replacement, then it's highly likely little has been gained in such places, given how relatively simple it would be for one or two aggressive assailants to take out such "sleepy-eyed" protection.We have visited Costa Rica several times. In recent years, as the ban on guns progressed, we began to see more and more armed guards inside stores, at gas stations, etc. It seems now that about everywhere you go there will be a sleepy eyed fellow wandering around with an old revolver on his hip. So what was gained?
Yup. Actions are what will change the trends and oust the liberty-haters. Little else will.We as a people need to take action and actually do something instead of just talking about doing something
I hope that you realize The Duffel Blog is the equivalent of The Onion for the military.The plans are already in motion...
Military Drawing Up Plans for Nation-wide Gun Confiscations | The Duffel Blog
Because destruction of liberty's a tricky thing.Why does it take the SCOTUS to interpret something written in plain English for anyone able to put the alphabet together, and by a 5-4 majority vote decision, tell U.S. is doesn't mean what it says?
I have a bad feeling on the so called "gun control" proposed bills that will be introduced in Congress. I especially have a bad feeling concerning Senator Feinstein's proposed "Assault Weapons Ban 2013" which also caps magazines at 10 rounds.
Reasons include but not limited to:
* Harry Reid assured her it will come to a vote.
* We already had such a ban(for 10 years) and it never went to the Supreme Court.
* The school shooting in December, 2012.
* The so called "gun control" bills that either are being proposed or enacted in some states.
* The fact that the so called "gun control" laws already on the books are for the most ineffective yet they are law.
* Neither party has a "lock" in Congress which makes it unpredictable.
* The fact the President Obama won the last election leads some Democrats to believe that they do not have to worry so much about being voted out when they come up for reelection.
* Some members of Congress are willing to "throw themselves on the sword" for President Obama.
* The President and Vice President are using any and all over and under board tactics to convince members of Congress to pass these bills.
* Congress has never been adverse to making reactionary laws so the citizens get to "feel good" that see they did something to solve the problem.
However we must continue to fight the fight as our freedom depends upon it..........