Defensive Carry banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have anything in 45 ACP yet and am waiting on a Kimber 1911 I've ordered. ( December ) I love my G26 and am having a hard time not buying the 36. It feels very good in my hand at the GS, but how does it shoot?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
The G36 is a fantastic gun. Its much easier to carry than the G30, but does have a bit more snap to the recoil and of course less rounds available. However, the thinner profile and weight makes up for these drawbacks. I own both but much prefer carrying the G36.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
If you are thinking of a Glock-36 my advise is to immediately see a hypnotist and have all thoughts removed from your memory. You bring one Glock home and leave it unattended even for a short period then all of a sudden there are two....then three....on and on....some how they mate and multiply without you even being aware and before you know it...late notices for power bills, car bills, water bills and credit card payments are arriving

Repent while you can.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you are thinking of a Glock-36 my advise is to immediately see a hypnotist and have all thoughts removed from your memory. You bring one Glock home and leave it unattended even for a short period then all of a sudden there are two....then three....on and on....some how they mate and multiply without you even being aware and before you know it...late notices for power bills, car bills, water bills and credit card payments are arriving

Repent while you can.
To late. Already have a 26.

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
I bought a new Glock 36 a few months ago. So far, I've put 200 rounds of 230 gr. Ranger T and FMJ through it without a problem.
I do not think the recoil is bad, even with the Ranger T.
I use to have a Kimber Ultra, the 36 carries just as easy and subjectively doesn't kick any more despite the light weight.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
the beauty of the G36 is the thinness of the grip. Much easier to conceal than the G30, which is a softer shooting pistol, but a bit of a tank to carry.
The G36 fits most holsters for a Glock 19 and is very close to the G19 dimensions except for the grip. Its a violent little shooter, and recoil is substantial, but
too much fun for a recoil junky like me. I have Trijicon night sights on my G36 after this pic was taken. Reliability and accuracy has been typically Glock....perfect.

·
Premium Member
7,578 Posts
Interesting to read how much better the 36 is over the 30. I seem to recall when the 36's came out the internet chatter was just the opposite.
Anything new is suspicious and probably does not work. Entrenched aficionados of established platforms will frequently belittle the new technology and occasionally, for good reason.

Almost anything manufactured today is beta tested on the public in the first year or two. I can't understand why manufacturers think it is better to let the consumer do the testing and then eat the bad reviews but that's what they seem to do more and more often. The 36 was one product that was launched that way.

I have owned two 36's and neither one has had any type of malfunction and I beat the heck out of my equipment. One I keep stock for competition and one is slightly tweeked for carry.

I have come to rely on that gun more and more.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
the g36 is a good gun if you don't all ready have a g19/g27. the g36 is not much smaller that the g19/27. will fit in the same holster. you will have the same concerns when carrying the g36 as you have with the g19/27. as for shooting the g36, it is not as bad as most will tell you. if you shoot a lot, then recoil is nothing, no matter what gun you shoot. to me the g36 does not recoil any more than my g27. sometime it feels better than the g27 and.or my g30. if it was me i would look for a g19. you will find that you can carry a g19 just as easy as a g27.

Reactions: DetChris

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
The G36 is a fantastic gun. Its much easier to carry than the G30, but does have a bit more snap to the recoil and of course less rounds available. However, the thinner profile and weight makes up for these drawbacks. I own both but much prefer carrying the G36.
I agree....and note that the smaller Glocks in 45acp can compete with the full sized Glock 21 in the accuracy department. I had one G30 that could out perform a G21 as long as I did my part.

·
Registered
439 Posts
My next carry gun has come down to either the G36, G27, Springfield XDM Compact .45, or the Springfield XD-S .45.

I currently carry a DB9 most the time and sometimes a SCCY CPX-2 9mm but really want the stopping power of the .45 with DB9 demoted to a backup. The NAA .22 Magnum makes a nice little backup when an oversized grip stock is used IMHO. Can even make for a primary when wearing next to nothing like at the beach or lake with just a swimsuit or casual shorts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.