Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was thinking of getting a Bersa Thunder Ultra Compact 9mm to be my main carry gun during the fall/winter months. I already own a Bersa Model 83 in 380. , and I like the accuracy and reliability of this gun.
It would be great to hear from anyone who owns one of these Ultra Compacts. Thanks!:yup:

·
Registered
635 Posts
The Bersa UC is an excellent gun. It is way under rated. You can not got wrong with it. Mine has been flawless and the price is right. Make sure you get the new Pro version. It has the rail on it, not the groves.

Here is mine. See the rail.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
I have a MiniFireStorm .40 (made by Bersa, sold under the FireStorm name). Has been 100% reliable for me. While not my primary carry weapon, I do on occasion carry it, when I don't want to risk damage to my EDC weapon. I have no problem trusting my life to it. Only drawback to Bersa is their magazines are hard to find and expensive.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Looks like a good little 9mm. They are priced to sell too.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I haven't heard of anyone say a bad thing about them and cant think of a reason not to recommend one as a carry gun. My main carry gun so happens to be a Bersa Thunder Ultra Compact 9mm and it hasn't let me down.

Actually one down side, mine doesn't have any rails but all the new ones do =)

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
If they're anything like the .380, they should be a great gun. I haven't been able to find any around here to look at, or I'd probably have one...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments and the pictures. I will be purchasing the Thunder UC 9mm within the next month or so. I have really enjoyed my Bersa model 83 I purchased back in the mid 1980's. Just looking for a little more firepower and capacity.

I believe that Firestorm and Bersa are one in the same company, or at least the weapons are pretty much the same. Am I correct in this assumption?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yes The Firestorm is the exact same gun as the Bersa, I have a Firestorm Mini9 and I would be willing to bet my life and yours on its reliability, in fact I do so about everyday LOL.You will not be sorry if you get one, That is unless you like paying a whole lot more for a gun that is not any better than the Bersas, and a lot of them cost more but perform a whole lot worse. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Do it! You will be very glad you did it!

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have shot one of the full size pistols and was suprisingly impressed. The owner shoots it a lot and has never had a negative issue with it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just traded my Taurus PT111 Pro for a used UC9. It was very accurate when I tested it and I was a bit tired after shooting 300 rounds in 3 different guns. I can't wait to get back to the range and give it a good testing. The feel is great!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts