Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My slide on my sig is starting to show a little bit of wear and tear and so I am wanting to get it recoated. I have a gunsmith who has something called Kg gunkote and I have not heard of this before. The two questions is what is kg gunkote and does anyone have pictures of their weapons with it. And should I just get the slide refinished or the whole weapon. He charges slide 50.00 and whole weapon 115.00 with two weeks turnaround

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
I have heard good things about KG guncote, even though I have never tried it myself. I have had two pistols refinished in NP3 by Robar Industries and I can recommend them highly. Their website is www.robarguns.com if you are interested.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
One of the posters on DC refinished his slide with Gun Kote and got very good results. He posted pics and it looked great. According to their web site the finish is so durable it can only be removed by sand blasting.
Actually you can do it yourself for a lot less than the quote. Do a search on DC for the posting.

·
Registered
134 Posts
One of the posters on DC refinished his slide with Gun Kote and got very good results. He posted pics and it looked great. According to their web site the finish is so durable it can only be removed by sand blasting.
Actually you can do it yourself for a lot less than the quote. Do a search on DC for the posting.
DIY is possible but most of the end result comes from the prep. A lot of guys at SigForum swear by CCR refinishing. Never used him myself but prices seem reasonable and he has some good looking examples.

CCR Firearm Refinishing

·
Registered
543 Posts
Yes, Brad at CCR can work magic on a SIG.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I got my whole Kimber pro carry 2 redone in duracoat ( hindsight is 20/20, I should have spent the extra money for stainless) It seems to work pretty well. You can get a kit for 50 or so that includes all the parts you need to refinish a few guns at home.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
You can get it refinished by the SIG Custom Shop. You can check with them for price and types of refinish work. SIG Custom Shop Price List

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SIG custom shop does not do refinishing on the price list. But still the question remains get the slide refinished or get the whole weapon redone.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will more than likely use the gunsmith here. so now the only question just have the slide refinished or get the whole gun redone

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've heard good things about CCR. I think he offers a discount to sigforum members, too.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I would have the entire Sig refinished by Accurate Plating & Weaponry with their brushed hard chrome finish and the finish will probably outlast you. Used them for a Browning HP and an 870 riot. Both looked fantastic and looked exactly like matte stainless. The 870 saw 6 years of abuse when I was stationed on Kodiak and Sitka Islands in AK and was constantly wet with rain and saltwater. When I sold it the finish was still in great shape. Wish I still had it and the HP!

HIGHLY recommend Bob and his crew! You won't be dissapointed.

New Page 1

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
SIG custom shop does not do refinishing on the price list. But still the question remains get the slide refinished or get the whole weapon redone.
They don't show it on the first page, but if you open up the "Download SIG SAUER Custom Shop price list here" window the finish services are on page 2 of the list.

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
they charge 100 to redone the slide when the gunsmith here says 50 for the slide and the wait time is half the time sig qoutes plus I can hand deliver my weapon and pick it up so I maintain custody of my weapon and minimize the chance of my weapon being misplaced in between gunsmith and myself.

·
Banned
480 Posts
I handed my P220 over to the gunsmith yesterday (standard black) for a makeover. The frame will be a semi-gloss nickel. Slide, trigger , hammer, etc. will be polished nickel, and new grips will be Hogue Pau Ferro Exotic Hardwood. Will have it back by the end of the week. :image035::danceban::image035:

·
Registered
611 Posts
I had CCR refinish my Sig and he did an excellent job. I had no complaints at all. I never cared much for the Nitron finish. You wont go wrong with CCR. Refinished mine 5 years ago and it still looks new.

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
probbally will go with CCR but will keep updated

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Now the only question is whether to just get slide redone or redo the entire weapon?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts