Defensive Carry banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
I would rather carry a SCCY cpx-2 or kt p-11 than a ria snubby . Atleast the P-11 can use s&w 59 mags for higher cap back up . Fill it full of standard velocity 124 or147gr hst or Winchester 147gr ranger t series

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
You should be able to find a used S&W Airweight or Ruger LCR for a good price. Check the used counters of local shops and pawn shops.

If you want new, and are on a tight budget, I’d go with a S&W Bodyguard 38.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
SMGA has S&W 642s for $299. Save up a little more and buy a decent quality piece.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I usually either pocket carry a LCP or S&W 442, both in a kydex holster. Neither print. I like revolvers, and while I might own an M206 one day, I wouldn't carry it. They seem to be described not as "good" but as, "good for the price". If this is a pricing issue, I'd very much suggest saving up a bit more and at least getting a Taurus 85/856 or a used airweight. I've seen a local store and some places online recently selling the S&W 642 for $299.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
image.jpeg

My Charter Arms Goldfinger has a Aluminum frame , I replaced the DA/SA hammer with a DAO hammer , replaced the great , but big stock rubber grips , with custom polymer grip panels .. The gun weighs 12oz maybe less .. .. makes a great pocket carry ..I keep it loaded with Hornady 110gr FTX standard pressure... Keeps it light , and light recoiling & according to gel tests , it works ....

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
But if you want more bang with a pocket revovler... U can go Big Bore ,44Spl ,and still be pocket friendly

Charter Boomer .. Mine weighs 17oz with vintage checkered wooden grip panels

image.jpeg

21 - 27 of 27 Posts