Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1911 question. Has anyone else experienced wear on the inside of a stainless Colt factory 1911 slide caused by a recoil spring and a short standard colt factory recoil spring guide rod? How many rounds did it take to show up? Did changing to a full length after market guide rod stop or reduce the rate of wear?
Anyone had any experience with the Caspian 1911 Damascus steel slide as to wear or reliability compared to Colt Stainless?
How about has anyone had any problems with the bad guys locating you through seeing your tritium night sights. Yeah, they do get behind you at times.

Fireball

·
Super Moderator
22,132 Posts
I'm not sure I understand the question?

The recoil spring and recoil spring guide, ride under the barrel and within the recoil spring channel (dust cover), it shouldn't come it contact with the slide, even in the recoil spring housing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
May have been the recoil spring housing. Was definite wear pattern on inside of slide where either housing or spring was making contact.
Switched to full length guide rod and the wear seems to have either stopped or been reduced.

·
Super Moderator
22,132 Posts
Where, exactly is this wear taking place on the slide?
Do you have pictures?

·
Administrator
143,818 Posts
????? :confused:

All I can say is that when OD is confused concerning a 1911 pattern pistol question...then you're not describing the problem correctly. :biggrin2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts